G*daamit!!@£$££

TheGreatGatsby
TheGreatGatsby Posts: 818
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
Another puncture! 4th in 2 weeks!

Can't believe it. Why WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!.STill on the bright side I was just a lil bit away from work this time so limped in and changed it in the relative warmth of the barn.

Still vexed though.

Gats

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Why WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!

You ride in the gutter?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    You do too many miles and the rubber on the tyres is too thin?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • yeah the second one :wink:

BTW - I like your wierd looking black and red ride - whats the frame?

Gats
  • redddraggon
    Wierd looking? It's not yet fully finished, so the steerer hasn't been cut yet.

54cm Dedacciai Nero Corsa Frame. It's the same as one of the frames Ribble use, and Kona use it on the Kona Zing Deluxe 2007
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    Ans: Conti Gator Skins and good air pressure.
    Every winner has scars.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    Don't let tyres get too worn before changing them.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Another puncture! 4th in 2 weeks!

Can't believe it. Why WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!!.
    Do you check your tyres after each ride? I check mine for embedded bits of glass / flint / other regularly and pick anything out with a small penknife - they can work their way through even the most punc**re resistant tyres given time. It only takes a few mins.

I've had one punc**re in five years: thats 2 sets of tyres worn out without any sudden deflations.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • I had 3 flats in one day yesterday on a MTB ride. :x
  • allen
    allen Posts: 214
    I just spin each wheel through my mit before I set off picks up any thing rough and keeps it nice and clean of grit
  • I managed to puncture after 3 meters ,beat that.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • redddraggon
    I managed to puncture after 3 meters ,beat that.

Actually I did today. Somehow my rear wheel had punctured in the bike rack at work. Beat 0 metres!
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Arhh yes but you cycled to work so you punctured after that distance, I win.
  • redddraggon
    Arhh yes but you cycled to work so you punctured after that distance, I win.

It was OK at lunch time, went flat sometime after 1pm, was in work since 0730
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • shall we call it a draw??
  • redddraggon
    shall we call it a draw??

I reckon you probably won, some b*stard probably let my tyre down, costing me a CO2 cartridge.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Use old tubes to line the insides of the tires. I've been doing this since my brand new Sting Ray. Just makes sense.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Tyres imo are only at their full effect when new or little worn, after that and they soon start getting *****ures.

Oh and you really shouldn't encourage that reddraggon fellow. He doesn't need much encouragement to show us his Ribble special - again! lol :lol:
  • redddraggon
    Oh and you really shouldn't encourage that reddraggon fellow. He doesn't need much encouragement to show us his Ribble special - again! lol :lol:

It's not a ribble, it just happens that they use the same frame, Kona use the frame aswell.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr