knackered legs?

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
I went out on Saturday and had a really enjoyable ride. I only did about 25 miles, although that is the furthest I've gone this year.

Anyway by the time I got back my legs just felt dead. As I neared home just riding up a short hill left my legs feeling as though I'd been towing a car behind me. Even this morning 2 days later they still feel tired just walking up the escalators :?

I didn't feel physically tired, the rest of the body would have happily gone on but it was just my legs.

Although I haven't been doing long distances I have been out on the bike a few times and have been using the trainer indoors (but not for long, too boring) plus I've recently been playing 5-aside twice a week.

Any thoughts/advice?

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Harry B wrote:
    they still feel tired just walking up the escalators
    That's where you are going wrong - escalators are supposed to be stood on and they'll still take you where you want to go :wink:

Seriously though, you could have the start of a bug, or perhaps the football is catching up with you. Try a very easy spin session on the turbo so that you are turning your legs fast with hardly any resistance for 30-45 minutes. Then maybe strecth you quads, hamstrings, calves and glutes for a while afterwards.
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    I'm thinking that maybe at 44 I'm too old to be charging around a 5-aside pitch twice a week :? :(:(