How odd....

ricadus
ricadus Posts: 2,379
edited January 2008 in Pro race
Cyclo Cross just starting on Eurosport now. Don't think I've ever seen it televised on UK TV before.

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ricadus wrote:
    Cyclo Cross just starting on Eurosport now. Don't think I've ever seen it televised on UK TV before.

They usually have the Worlds on Eurosport.

Well, they have the last 2 years anyway.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • the ferry
    the ferry Posts: 258
    ......i remember it being on 'Grandstand' poss early 80's? :)
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Just watched it, it was surprisingly exciting. That Lars Boom has some legs on him huh.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I remember watching it last year on at exactly the same time. I guess it's shown live on non-British Eurosport? The good thing about it being on at 8 o'clock in the morning is you can be fairly sure Eurosport will actually be running on time, so you can set your Sky+ and it will actually record the correct programme...

Unlucky crash by Francis Mourey though, he was going well. And that Lars Boom has 4 different world titles in different disciplines / age groups![/i]
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    I thought it was a great circuit for the spectators, compact enough that they could wander (or run) about to catch the action at different points.

That crash must have hurt - he writhed about afterwards, anyway. Must be quite a drop to go over the front of the bike on a 20% descent. :lol:
  • girofan
    girofan Posts: 137
    afx237vi wrote:
    I remember watching it last year on at exactly the same time. I guess it's shown live on non-British Eurosport?

I get International Eurosport and it is not shown live on this media stream either.
    Something to do with Aus. Open Tennis and ski coverage when the cyclo-cross is taking place!
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • Ka-Boom!

Great result, if not the most exciting race. I watched it last night on cycling.tv while riding the rollers. A very cagey race, and I got the feeling that everyone else was waiting for the Belgians, and Nys in particular to attack on the last few laps. Nys was obviously a bit below par, but no-one should have underestimated Boom - he did the exact same thing in the world cup race the previous week.

Could have done with a bit more mud though!

Cheers, Andy

www.andyturnbull.co.uk