New Bike Build :D

azzerb
azzerb Posts: 208
edited January 2008 in Workshop
Anyway, finally the weekend of visiting my Dad has arrived, with all my bike stuff there. :D Pretty much all done, just need to cable it and tape it now. Taken about 2 hours to get it this far. And jeez, those tyres took some getting on.

sany0002mediumum3.jpg
sany0003mediumkz8.jpg
sany0004mediumdv1.jpg
sany0006mediumeq5.jpg
sany0007mediumzv9.jpg
sany0008mediumbc1.jpg
sany0010mediumtc0.jpg
sany0011mediumhd9.jpg
sany0013mediumyx8.jpg
sany0017mediumvl6.jpg
sany0018mediumxx9.jpg

Comments

• gundersen
    gundersen Posts: 586
    buy some real pedals - please!!!
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Looks smart! Lets have some daylit pics.
  • azzerb
    sany0019mediumyr7.jpg
    sany0020mediumeb8.jpg

White saddle hasn't been delivered yet. But it's a lovely bike, had a quick nip out on it earlier, so responsive and well lovely :D
  • Jokull
    Jokull Posts: 248
    Nice. The white tape looks really good with that bike (I don't normally like white tape!). I think you deserve nicer wheels though!

All these bike builds have tempted me back to the BikeRadar fold - I stopped posting when my move to Canada coincided with the end of the old C+ forum, but well, I just want to comment on all the nice bikes being produced at the moment!
  • azzerb
    Jokull wrote:
    Nice. The white tape looks really good with that bike (I don't normally like white tape!). I think you deserve nicer wheels though!

All these bike builds have tempted me back to the BikeRadar fold - I stopped posting when my move to Canada coincided with the end of the old C+ forum, but well, I just want to comment on all the nice bikes being produced at the moment!

Hehe, i think i deserve nicer wheels too! But these are good enough atm, so much more responsive than my old wheels which came with the old bike. Not had chance to go on a bike for a while, so i was feeling farely unfit, got on this today, and it was instant grin and go!

Wb to BikeRadar though :D
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Which groupset options did you go for?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • azzerb

Compact ( :oops: ) 170mm, 11-25 cassette.
  • redddraggon
    azzerb wrote:

Oh yeh, that was from Merlin wasn't it?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • azzerb
    azzerb wrote:

Oh yeh, that was from Merlin wasn't it?

Yeh, i managed to get one before they ran out of those. And the frame from Dolan was cheaper than it should have been and with a better fork thrown in.
  • redddraggon
    azzerb wrote:
    Yeh, i managed to get one before they ran out of those. And the frame from Dolan was cheaper than it should have been and with a better fork thrown in.

I didn't think Merlin would have them for long at the price they were selling them at. I was lucky that all the options were what I wanted - so I snapped it up.

I want a red saddle for my bike, but it needs to be a dark red rather than the bright reds you see. The colour I need is somewhere in between bright red and the brown leather colour of the Brooks saddles.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • azzerb
    Yeh, it was the option of the Campag which really pushed me into getting it. 2008 centaur at that price made me jump. Was going to wait untill i'd got back into cycling, but this is more of a shove into it now.

Ah, yeh, I sorta know the colour you mean, it might be easier to get in an actual leather, but then you have the hassle of looking after leather.

I was worried about my frame not being very stiff, because it was reduced a fair bit, and the weights they put seemed quite low. Though when i saw the frame i realised that it wouldn't be flexy at all for my weight and power, and took it to the steepest hill i know locally. :P :)
  • Cheeky
    Cheeky Posts: 113
    azzerb wrote:
    And jeez, those tyres took some getting on.

I had the same problem withmine when I had a pair of Sciroccos, don't forget to take some decent tyre levers with you! Imagine doing it with cold holds in the pouring rain!!!!!