Prescription Glasses-Recomendations

martins2463
martins2463 Posts: 51
edited January 2008 in Workshop
I bet it's being posted before, sorry,

any recomendations, I thought I saw some called Polar, fairly cheap and you had your own lensses fitted, of course I can't find any details now!

Any info or recommendations appreciated

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    http://www.optilabs.com/index.php

Excellent and good value.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Anyone know of anything cheaper? I just don't understand why you can get a good non-prescription pair of uvex polycarbonate glasses for less than a tenner but need to spend at least a hundred quid for something similar that will take prescription inserts.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Be careful which frames you buy. Not all frames are compatable with perscription
    lenses.

Dennis Noward
  • mike ives
    mike ives Posts: 319
    I was in Tesco's iExtra in Yeovil today and noticed in the opticians department they had some prescription sports glasses similar to the ones mentioned above (Cycle RX). Their price is £40 and there are a few different lens colour shades to choose from.

I am going to buy some myself for summer.
  • dennisn wrote:
    Be careful which frames you buy. Not all frames are compatable with perscription
    lenses.

Dennis Noward

That's the problem - tons of cheap frames, but as soon as you want one with a prescription insert you're looking at £100+.

Thanks to MARTINS2463 - the £55 ones are a bit fugly, but there's a pair for £12 more from that store that are rather fetching.

I shall have a look in tescos.