New Dura Ace... with concealed gear cables

mab bee
mab bee Posts: 196
edited January 2008 in Workshop
According to a rabobank mechanic quoted in

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/jan08/tdu08/?id=features/tech

the new Dura Ace will have concealed cables, a la campag. Anyone heard firmer rumours about this?

Comments

• 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Not firmer, but a shop here is saying should be availible end of year 08 - not clear if this is before or after the new Electronic DA but its certainly additional. Price will be "not a major increase". They confirm they have also heard it will have concealed cables...
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    I'll have an Orbea, please! Hang whatever you have to hand on it....
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Does that mean that somebody in Shimano has finally caught a dose of aesthetics? The fact that they've also got rid of the ugly pinch bolts on their carbon cranks also suggests that it's catching too!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • aracer
    aracer Posts: 1,649
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Does that mean that somebody in Shimano has finally caught a dose of aesthetics? The fact that they've also got rid of the ugly pinch bolts on their carbon cranks also suggests that it's catching too!
    The cost of that carbon crank suggests they've caught onto the fact that people pay for aesthetics rather than function (not that I'm particularly taken with the aesthetics over the other options at that price point, but I guess some might be).
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Call me weird, but I like the Shimano gear cable bulge thing, more comfortable to hold onto than the Campag thumb lever anyway.