Weather rant

Mark Alexander
Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
edited February 2008 in Campaign
Is this weather driving you spare? let off steam here. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm going crackers over this. I have too few days until the race season and need some miles. swimming isn't enough and turbos beep me off no end.
Aaaaaarrrrgggggg!! :evil: :evil:
http://twitter.com/mgalex
www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Yes! <picture of steam being let off>

I have never seen so much water on what purports to be land. I've given up properly cleaning my bike because it seems so futile.

Make it stop!
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    We went on holiday last year in June, and then had another break 7 weeks later. In the 49 days we were in the UK (near Preston) it was dry 2 days, 2 forkin days. We don't seem to have seasons anymore, just varying degrees of wind and rain. I've only had to scrape ice off the windscreen of the wifes car twice so far this year, its a bl00dy disgrace. :x
  • Johnny G
    Johnny G Posts: 348
    Yes, but... remember June & July 2006? 7-odd weeks of hot sunny days IIRC. After last summer, we're owed another of those!
  • Johnny G wrote:
    Yes, but... remember June & July 2006? 7-odd weeks of hot sunny days IIRC. After last summer, we're owed another of those!
    :?
    Mmmmmmm not convinced that'll happen

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Well its been windy and pissing down with the odd nice day the last month up here. whne I think about it though it's actually been drier than some years but only because in those years there was lots and lots of frozen water piled about 20cm deep on the ground, enough to hide the rock I wrote off my last sledge on.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • ha ha. Thats one thing I dont miss about England. It was 43 here on new years day. Too hot for cycling.
  • Yes, but... remember June & July 2006? 7-odd weeks of hot sunny days IIRC. After last summer, we're owed another of those!

Remember Sept 07 in Lancs? :?: The weather was OK, well I was there then & I'll be back in June 08 then again in Aug 08. If you want good weather between then you'll have to go to France, that's where I'll be. :twisted:

D you think that's enough to guarantee me BAD weather?
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Is this weather driving you spare? let off steam here. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    I'm going crackers over this. I have too few days until the race season and need some miles. swimming isn't enough and turbos beep me off no end.
    Aaaaaarrrrgggggg!! :evil: :evil:

Might as well go out in the wind and rain and get used to it, you'll probably be racing in it going by last summer :wink:
  • Might as well go out in the wind and rain and get used to it, you'll probably be racing in it going by last summer :wink:[/quote]

Unfortunatly, That's in my mind.

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    We did fairly well August to November - fairly dry - the reservoirs off Woodhead were empty late October (very empty).

I remember those 7 weeks in 2006, stuck in a 'orrible portacabin...awfully hot, and I wasn't riding much them.....
  • It's global warming, we're going to get wetter summers and drier winters!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Its in the 30+ deg C here at the moment and has been dry for the best part of several months (and more) - what we wouldn't give for a spot or two of rainfall. A few weeks earlier, temps were in the high 30s and 40s deg C temps, so hot it started buckling the rail tracks!!!

I was back in the Uk last June//July it rained for most of the 3 and 1/2 weeks I was there and I duly went down with a cold and spent more than 2 weeks inside and in bed :cry:

There should be a happy medium somewhere!!!
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    In the SouthEast the weather has been fine. I don't like cycling in the rain but in the past year have only not been able to go out on a Saturaday or Sunday twice. This winter has been especially rain free at the weekends and no ice either.

South Essex hasn't got the best scenary but it is dry !
  • North Yorkshire has been terrible, haven't been out properly in ages. It's getting very frustrating, bought a new MB as well and don't know if I like it, haven't been able to get a decent ride in.

Always windy and rainy, there's no pleasure in going out in it.
  • girofan
    girofan Posts: 137
    Really a North/South divide in this country. Moved North twelve months ago and it's hardly stopped raining, blowing a gale and freezing since.
    When living in Northampton it was 4 degrees warmer and dry. It depresses me so much I'm thinking of professional help! :evil: :cry:
    I say what I like and I like what I say!