Heath Ledger

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited January 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Am I the only one totally gutted about this - he was one of the most aspiring young actors out there - well upset about this :cry:

Comments

• and pleeeease no stupid comments eh? :evil:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    TBH, I didnt really know who he was. But a very young age to die at, I am sure the PM will uncover why.
  • SS he was just one of the most understated cool young guys out there - A Knights Tale? Brokeback Mountain? He is/was the joker in the new Batman film - check the trailers out. plus he has a two year old daughter - totally choked about this I am.... gutted :cry:
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    according to the papers he had a coke problem, talented he may have been but rolemodel? i think not.
  • Not heard much about a coke problem, certainly initial reports say there was nothing but prescription drugs at his flat.

Never watched home and away, so I think I first saw him in "10 things I hate about you". Great film for entertainment, and his rendition of " it's just too good to be true" or whatever it's called, is fantastic.

Great actor, and I'm still really looking forward to seeing him as the Joker, although it'll be an odd experience watching it, same as watching Oliver Reed in Gladiator.

A real shame for anybody to go at that age.
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Ecstasy and coke apparently. Can't respect anyone thats done that, but aye its a shame that he's died so early on in his life.
  • That is a shame then. Is that what they are saying he died from now? It was all sleeping pilss yesterday. :cry:
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 1,048
    The latest news is that it was drug overdose...pills were found in the area, but not plentiful (were they inside him??) It just goes to show everyone that drugs don't care if you're rich, poor, talented, untalented, white, black, male, female, whatever...keep hitting the hard stuff and you're going to live a short, miserable life....including making everyone who cares about you very, very sad. I once told my (15yo) son that I couldn't keep him from firing up a joint because I couldn't be with him 24/7, but if he ever got into coke/crack; he wouldn't have to worry about it killing him; I'd kill him :twisted: . (He's 33yo and doing good :D he trusted his instincts about how crazy Dad really can get 8) )
    Cajun
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Heard a lot on the news about Ambien. It is evil stuff, my GF is coming off it.

Cajun: much respect.
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    supersonic wrote:
    TBH, I didnt really know who he was. But a very young age to die at, I am sure the PM will uncover why.

phew, glad i wasnt the only one!!
    got evils off people at work for not knowing who he was!
    but a shame to die that way, especially as he was full of promise/talent.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/