Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

1988 Dauphine pics

dave_1dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited January 2008 in Pro race
Just found some great pics via google

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1623597817/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1624469282/
I loved Luc Leblanc's bike...had one identical for the following season

87 Coors too http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... otostream/

beware the horrific pic of Davis Phinney's crash

Posts

  • afx237viafx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Just found some great pics via google

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1623597817/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/1624469282/
    I loved Luc Leblanc's bike...had one identical for the following season

    87 Coors too http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... otostream/

    beware the horrific pic of Davis Phinney's crash

    Ooooooouuuuuuuuuch.
  • dave_1dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    AFX
    Davis Phinney went through the back windscreen of a car at 88 Liege...I remember seeing the pic of the window gone..he knocked the whole thing out. Was a bad Liege that one as the whole peleton rode into a trench across the road nobody could see
  • LangerDanLangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Dave_1 wrote:
    AFX
    Davis Phinney went through the back windscreen of a car at 88 Liege...I remember seeing the pic of the window gone..he knocked the whole thing out. Was a bad Liege that one as the whole peleton rode into a trench across the road nobody could see

    Theres a picture in an old copy if CycleSport, IIRC, of the main bunch crashing. All the big names are heading tarmac-wards. Kelly is trying to bunny hop a fallen rider but looked as if he would land on the guy and bacg in the middle of the picture is Roche still on the saddle while the back wheel was vertically over the front wheel.

    I must try and dig it out.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • dave_1dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    LangerDan wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    AFX
    Davis Phinney went through the back windscreen of a car at 88 Liege...I remember seeing the pic of the window gone..he knocked the whole thing out. Was a bad Liege that one as the whole peleton rode into a trench across the road nobody could see

    Theres a picture in an old copy if CycleSport, IIRC, of the main bunch crashing. All the big names are heading tarmac-wards. Kelly is trying to bunny hop a fallen rider but looked as if he would land on the guy and bacg in the middle of the picture is Roche still on the saddle while the back wheel was vertically over the front wheel.

    I must try and dig it out.

    Yeah, Langerdan, it was the crash Fignon broke his wrist in. It amazed at the time as the organisers didn't know their was a trench across the road or thought the riders would make it through
Sign In or Register to comment.