Oooo, don't you just hate it when...

Ronstanson
Ronstanson Posts: 178
edited January 2008 in MTB general
You're discussing buying a bike 2nd hand and the seller doesn't reply INSTANTLY! I really want this bike dammit and he's taking a full day to reply to most e-mails.

Patience is a virtue I know, but I want it now!

;)

Comments

• you bust a wheel and cant afford a new one :cry:
    06 Kona Blast with RS Tora solo airs :)
  • you have a great ride, wash n lube your bike, put it awy then a few days later find the tyres have gone down! :evil:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1695431/
  • kids are at school, it rains, kids are off....its nice.. :evil: oh i love riding in the wet... :roll:
    thinking happy thoughts....before the pixies steal them..

www.homersbikes.co.uk
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    You`ve organised a trip to Dumfries this weekend, then look at the weather forecast :evil:
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    your inner blows 10 miles from home and you have no spare or patches
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    you burst the yolk on the egg your just about to slap between two slices of bread!
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • SCOTTTOMO wrote:
    you burst the yolk on the egg your just about to slap between two slices of bread!

scotttomo your not talking about food again lol! :lol:

• gotta_hurt wrote:
    you have a great ride, wash n lube your bike, put it awy then a few days later find the tyres have gone down! :evil:

Yep, that happened after Sundays ride.... and the sunday before that! :roll: decidedly unfair!

Also hate it when you start what should be a fairly straightforward piece of maintenance and it slowly spirals out of control needing more time, new tools and extra parts you weren't expecting! Arse! :evil:
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • had that Jesse, found that 27th gear kept popping out, so i thought just get it a bit of a twiddle....ended up doing the whole thing!...90 mins l8r, runs like a dream, but yes, 1 min job...then you think sod it, reset the lot! :D

• Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    gotta_hurt wrote:
    you have a great ride, wash n lube your bike, put it awy then a few days later find the tyres have gone down! :evil:

Or the chain's gone rusty, even though you carefully lubed it all the way round.
  • Well, I found the freewheel just starting to slip on Sunday. Taken most of the hub apart to find I need a 12mm allen key to get the freehub apart. So about to make one of those! Now wondering whether it's worth it, because if I can't find another 12mm freehub, then the axle won't fit through a 10mm centre. So do I get a new wheel whole, just replace the hub and rebuild the wheel using the existing spokes and rim, which seem fine, or take the opportunity to replace the rim and spokes at the same time and build it all from new. Should I then take the opportunity to upgrade the rear v-brakes to a discbrake, the sprockets? chain? crankset? derailleur? AAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: it's all getting too much!

Or do I get a nice little SS 29er frame, and moe as much across as possible, just get new wheels with a single speed rear hub and never have any complications again?

Going to make a cup of tea now and calm down! :oops:
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Happened to me mid 20 mile ride, had to walk home due the the freehub wearing out :x So I just bought some new wheels!
  • Douche
    Douche Posts: 134
    .... I hate it when youve ridden so far and for so long that blood stops circulating round your nether regions and everything shrinks to the size of a kumquat and goes completely numb

..... Nice
    I found it hard, its was hard to find, oh well whatever nevermind.

Boardman Mountain Pro
    185 G3 CleanSweep Front
    Cane Creek Grips/Ergo Ends
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just wondering.....what is the difference between 'your' and 'you're?'

I just never know when to use which.
  • Douche wrote:
    .... I hate it when youve ridden so far and for so long that blood stops circulating round your nether regions and everything shrinks to the size of a kumquat and goes completely numb

..... Nice

And I was just about to go eat lunch! Suddenly I'm not so hungry...

What's a kumquat? Is that another name for a banana? :wink:
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    edited January 2008
    bikers46 wrote:

You're is the compressed (contraction) form of You are where the apostrophie replaces the missingf letter 'a'. For example... You are brilliant becomes You're brilliant.

Your is the possesive. For example is that your bike?
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • bikers46 wrote:

The apostrophe is there to replace a letter, in this case an "a"; so "you're" is actually a shortened form of "you are". "Your" is the second person possessive; as in Mine, yours, his...etc.

Examples:

That's your bicycle!

You're very tired!

All clear? :wink:
  • Douche
    A kumquat is a tiny fruit, think clementine with severe growth issues

Boardman Mountain Pro
    185 G3 CleanSweep Front
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    He He.. snap!
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited January 2008
    I love it.

Now maybe those who really DON'T have a clue will know, because, honestly, 90% here don't.

Also, the combination of two words including the apostrophe is known as a 'contraction.'
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Douche wrote:

..... Nice

I know that one all too well!!!!! :oops: :lol:
  • paulf2007
    paulf2007 Posts: 341
    your chain breaks and you looked at your chain tool before you left and thought I wont need that today and you've got a 10 mile walk back
  • Douche
    paulf2007 wrote:
    your chain breaks and you looked at your chain tool before you left and thought I wont need that today and you've got a 10 mile walk back

well last week end i had the "its only a small ride so i wont need a pump or repair kit", small turned to medium turned to being 15 miles outta town in the middle of nowhere, we had the fateful words "you know if i get a puncture now im f*ckd" about two minutes later fate obliged...cue a 4 hour walk home

Boardman Mountain Pro
    185 G3 CleanSweep Front