?

Comments

• Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    Today's was a low 2
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • I'm posting a very low 1.0. Not even a real hangover, just that dry feeling you sometimes get, and you don't want to be too dry. They're getting worse though, I used to be able to go out and have a single pint without feeling anything in the morning!
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • ... They're getting worse though, I used to be able to go out and have a single pint without feeling anything in the morning!

It's horrifying these days :cry: As soon as I open one bottle of beer, i need to be thinkiing about alternating it with drinks of water to avoid the hangover.
    Not boasting 'cos it scared the beejesus out of me at the time some years ago, but we looked up a chart FHM had done of what each number of units of aclohol did to you.... 3 of us should have been dead according to their scale, and that was before the last few shots.

I have absolutely no alcohol tolerance these days. 1 pint and I can get a hangover, 5 pints and I'm pished. that's why there's still 5 bottles of San Miguel in the fridge of the original 12 I bought for New Years! Just don't touch the stuff except the weekends! :cry:
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • me thinks your all a bunch of lightweights!!! :lol:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1695431/
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    I shouldn't have stopped drinking for two years. Before I stopped 10 - 15 pints was the usual and i'd still be able to go to work in the morning. Tried a couple of pints the other day and was dying!
  • Bikedevil
    Schmako wrote:
    I shouldn't have stopped drinking for two years. Before I stopped 10 - 15 pints was the usual and i'd still be able to go to work in the morning. Tried a couple of pints the other day and was dying!

Thats what I was like in the summer....I was at a week long festival in Hungary tho :D
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    7 it is. Yep, they get worse as they get older!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I've felt like I've had a hangover all day, last time I had a drink was Monday :shock: :evil: .

I find it a bit hit and miss now with hangovers (I'm 36), sometimes a couple of Buds and the following day is awful, other times I can drink from 4pm onwards and wake up with hardly anything the following day, the problem is I don't know which way it's gonna go. Think pacing myself and having a decent meal during the night helps (not just some dodgy burger in the small hours).

Oh and not finishing the night off with a 'couple' of whiskeys also seems to help reduce hangovers. 8)
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Anything more than 3 pints and thats me done the next day! Its not so much the headache and nausea, but the tiredness and dizzy/fuzzy head.
  • pete236
    pete236 Posts: 204
    in general, maybe a 1/2 the worst ever being a 3!

Worst 3 was half bottle of Scotch on an empty stomach after getting dumped by a text message :( slight nausea and dehydration headache

One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
  • Mike Deere
    Mike Deere Posts: 4,259
    youdontgetahangoverifyoudontgotosleep / 10
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    Mike Deere wrote:

good man. its the way forward!!! my worst hangover was after a few (6 or 7) beers, then we had some tequila, i drank most of a bottle of sambuca then we started on the absinthe. few of them ll do ya in, anyway then i had a few bottles of sum cyder from down south, and we called it at night at but 4.30. woke up the next day, felt like my brain was on fire. i actually filled up the sink with water and stuck my head in it was that, never had a hangover like it. part from the week after...

thats gotta be a ten
    i ride a hardtail
  • Bikedevil
    Mike Deere wrote:

last time i tried that iwas up for 27 hours trying to get to a campsite in Slovakia (it was after the Hungarian week long music festival) I started tripping out (no drugs involved) I saw a ghost and started hearing things; I got on my final train to the site and all i could here was Lilly Allen singing. I couldn't even tell you the title of one of her songs! Im just glad I managed to get some kip an hour later.
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

• Had a few pints last night and thankfully I had the day off today - anything more than 4 or 5 pints now and I am done in the next day.

As supersonic said it's the mental tiredness and lack of mental ability that gets me

Getting old now :cry:

Although I have never been a massive drinker but I gave it a shot!