First time in a plane

Bouyaka
Bouyaka Posts: 21
edited February 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I will take the plane for the first time tomorrow and it will be a new experience forme so I'm not very proud :? !!! I hope that I'll not be ill .... As I like sensation, I think the take off will be fun !!!!

Sorry for my english, I'm a little french....
Normandy Mud !!!!

Comments

• Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    Just to reassure you, I'm currently aspiring to design the fantastic flying contraptions......... the world is doomed! :twisted:
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    what kinda plane?
  • Bouyaka
    An airbus between Paris and Marseille, It will last 1 hour I think .....

Normandy Mud !!!!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Thats all good, before you know it you'll be on the ground again. I've a 1hr flight from edinburgh to london, then 10hrs to kenya :( Not sure how it'll be, longest flight i've been on was 5hrs..
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    enjoy it,its great fun. look out the window if you can while you're flying over land. its beautiful above the clouds too. like nothign you've seen before take off and landing are the best bits of commercial flying. enjoy
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I've got an 8hr fligh to Dallas followed by a 5hr (?) internal fligh to Denver, with a 3hr drive to the ski resort the next day in a couple of weeks, can't wait to get back on the snow though!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Bouyaka
    I will begin very little with 1 hour !!! But I think very long travel must be very booring, no ? What are you doing during it ? I think you read your best magazine but watching films and rading during 10 hours ........

Normandy Mud !!!!
  • BlackSpur
    Long haul flights suck, big time. I once went to San Francisco (about 10 hrs IIRC) and the plane got switched at the last minue to one kitted out for short-hauls i.e. no t.v.s! I swear it was one of the most boring 10 hours of my life.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    18 hours non stop to Malaysia, that was a long flight, luckily had those indvidual seat back tellys with games and things. Thailand was worse, 15 hrs on an old 747 with just the film up front on one poxy telly (actually tell a lie 10 hours on a Virgin flight to Orlando with every chav and his kid was the worst, if we go again we're going to take connecting flighs to avoid the chav express).

Best was 20 mins transfer on a flying boat in the Maldives, bl**dy noisy though.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I just get p1ssed, works a treat! Nothing to be scared about in planes, unless they crash.
  • supersonic wrote:
    I just get p1ssed, works a treat! Nothing to be scared about in planes, unless they crash.

I have NEVER flown sober - whatever time of the day :wink:
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    i am currently learning to fly, and now i cant imagine being stuck behind those pokey little perspex windows... no fun at all!!!
    i ride a hardtail
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    long haul flights really are crap, manchester to atlanta international 8 and a half hours then a 4 hour wait for the internal 2 flight to sarasota, florida.

long haul do help with deep vein thrombosis :lol:
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Bouyaka wrote:
    I will take the plane for the first time tomorrow and it will be a new experience forme so I'm not very proud :? !!! I hope that I'll not be ill .... As I like sensation, I think the take off will be fun !!!!

get someone to secrete some drugs in your milk,worked a treat in the 80's,i pity the fool. 8)
  • BlackSpur
    Will Snow wrote:
    i am currently learning to fly, and now i cant imagine being stuck behind those pokey little perspex windows... no fun at all!!!

Me too - what are you learning in? Starting in a Grob Tutor myself.
  • Will Snow
    piper tomahawk. heres a pic of one:
    pbpic1711954.jpg

literally the first pic that comes up on a google image search. good times!!!
    i ride a hardtail
  • miket-62
    miket-62 Posts: 227
    On a similar topic its not the flying, but the landings that bother me.
    A while ago I had to go to Norway.
    Good take off
    Nice easy flight
    Then the landing!
    On touch down (THICK SNOW!) the plane started to go side-ways!
    I was about ready to start screaming Crash! Crash! Crash!
    Until I noticed all the other passangers (Mainly Norwegians) all took it in their stride, chatting away! Totally unbothered!
    This kind of landing maybe "normal" for them but not for me! :shock:
  • BlackSpur
    Will Snow wrote:
    piper tomahawk. heres a pic of one:
    pbpic1711954.jpg

literally the first pic that comes up on a google image search. good times!!!

Haha excellent!
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    supersonic wrote:

flying is the safest way to travel

and to be honest commercial flying i boring, now military aircraft are wicked to fly in :D
  • supersonic
    Nah, funicular railwars far safer... unless they crash too ;-)
  • Will Snow
    the way i see it, if a plane crashes, your prob gona die and theres sod all ya can do bout it, so i shouldnt worry. as a trainee pilot i can say these things...
    i ride a hardtail
  • supersonic
    I actually agree. People worry due to lack of control - but in a plane that is taken out of their hands, and is many times safer, even if they have no 'control'. If they are gonna fry, it will be well done...
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    supersonic wrote:
    I actually agree. People worry due to lack of control - but in a plane that is taken out of their hands, and is many times safer, even if they have no 'control'. If they are gonna fry, it will be well done...

Have you not heard the news stories of BA pilots being caught pissed boarding their flight's??
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • Will Snow
    you hope
    i ride a hardtail
  • supersonic
    There has been a few stories of 'inebriated' pilots over the last few year. Hey, if it makes them fly better, I''ll get a round in ;-)
  • Will Snow
    as a pilot, i wouldnt say that... but if your offering????
    i ride a hardtail
  • supersonic
    All them switches look the same, I'm sure ;-)

Its in me blood! My uncle was chief tech on 617 (dambusters) squadron. nwver missed ;-)
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    ive been flying the grob tutor these last 2 years. i cant do that now ive left uni..boo. its an ok little aircraft though. however theres nothing like just being up in the sky looking down on the scenery, or being above cloud!
  • Bouyaka
    It was like a travel by train.... only a little plane airbus A319 so the take off and the landing was not violent..... So, I like fly and I hope take it again in few time in order to go to the Spain !!

Normandy Mud !!!!