What would you do?

luxor5
luxor5 Posts: 30
edited February 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Ok heres the story.... Im just leaving my road turning the corner and i spot a couple of shady lookin "hard men" both with a bottle of stella in tow and them long over coats and stripy jumpers very distinct to yobs or proper "thugs" i ride past them and one shouts "sad T**t" or something along them lines. Now im not a reactive person 9.5 times out of 10 ill just pretend i did not hear anything not to suggest im a victim of hate on a regular basis because im not. But this time something just snapped i don't know wether it was the adrenaline from my ride pumping or just a reaction but i turned and gave some yabber yabber back now this fella did not like this and bearing in mind there is two of them the loud one stepped forward in that "come on then" pose all "hard geezers" do like a chicken wakling with its feathers out. I was a good 20 ft away so i did not back down i just gave as good as i got "verbally" until the point where he looked like charging so without breaking the eye contact i just pedal off " pretty quick". I don't over dress for my ride no armour or anything just a dh jersey not to "loud" some gloves a benie hat my i pod and some joggers my ride is not ott just a GT hardtail..... so anyway i just thought id post it to you all for your support/critisism and leave with a what would you have done and what went wrong?.....

Thanks i feel all the bit better for venting that out.
Ride Like the devil is chasing you

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Like you say, depends on mood and adrenaline! I woould have done the same, and scarpered quick! If I was 8 stone more, I would have tw@tted them lol
  • luxor5
    luxor5 Posts: 30
    yes same here lol im not much of a size lol justa skinny 20yr old ,just really got to me today though that for no apparant reason other than to provoke a reaction people could be so rude. i guess i played into their hands by reacting but then again it was pretty annoying ....

Thanks supersonic nice to know im not alone out there..
    Ride Like the devil is chasing you
  • now i'm older and wiser, just keep riding smug in the knowledge that HE is just a sad tw*t.... 10 years ago, would of picked my bike up and hit him with it...

but hey, just my thoughts...
    thinking happy thoughts....before the pixies steal them..

www.homersbikes.co.uk
  • Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    You did the right thing.

The only thing bruised was your ego - you weren't physically in danger, nor were any very close mates or loved ones.

Ten years ago, I would probably have kicked off too. Older and wiser now.
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    id have probably shouted back at them, i had some little t**t do it today was about my age (15) still i turned round and sprinted after him, he absolutley shat himself :lol: was worth the fun though but he got away up some stairs. he only said that i look well gay but having just done a good bit of trail riding in the local forest i was pretty pumped up
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    now i'm older and wiser, just keep riding smug in the knowledge that HE is just a sad tw*t.... 10 years ago, would of picked my bike up and hit him with it...

Exactly, in and out your life for less than 10seconds, why get wound up over them....
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    I'd probably shout something back at them too (as I was riding away). 2 guys vs me with an expensive bike = rubbish situation.
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    i went past a load of pikeys a while ago and one of the females said hi with a hint of sarcasm...as in ' hi you sad bastard what are you doing.' ive had this from groups of chavs before and i did what i always do. smile nicely and give a curteous 'hi' back. bit different to your thug lets fight story but i thin it shows the same thing. dont rise to it and more often than not you can make them feel stupid.

p.s. i had not ruled out the fact that the girl was possibly hitting on me. i am ridicoulously goodlooking when on a bike with a helemt on :shock:
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    if i can see that im able to get away withput much trouble i give em some abuse back, otherwise i keep schtum.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • my problem is bein a sixteen year old doin 2-3 miles to school every day. everyone is still asleep, i dont want to get run over. i can take some abuse off of drivers and pedestrians but sometimes i end up givin sum back and then some 16 stone guy steps out and tries to start a fight. at that point i usually take my leave :D
  • you should have stood your ground then when he was close enough, rammed your fist down his throat and RIPPED HIS FUCKIN LUNGS OUT :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    only when you stare death in the face do you feel most alive
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Ripping lungs out is for uncommitted sissies. Real men plung their hand into their own chest, rip out a rib and stab the guy through the neck.

Anyhow, fighting is stupid, being so fast people don't have a chance to haggle you is the best bet, plus you'll end up faster.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Ripping lungs out is for uncommitted sissies. Real men plunge their hand into their own(or the other guy's) chest, rip out a rib and stab the guy through the neck.

Anyhow, fighting is stupid, being so fast people don't have a chance to haggle you is the best bet, plus you'll end up faster.
  • i've had a situation a bit like this when i was out on the streets.

some ten year old started giving a LOT of lip (frankly i was shocked at his behaviour and i dispair for todays youth) so, being a good six years older than him (yes i'm an impulsive, irreverent, irresponsible youth myself) turn round and did my best chav impression. the chicken walk thing came out as mentioned earlier.
    unfortunatly this blew up in my face as the kid stood his ground looking scarier than me. yes the ten year old scared me i admit it. so i was faced with the choice of decking a child half my size in more or less broad day light or to bottle it and walk away with my tail between my legs having had my manhood and self respect ripped out and handed to me.

i bottlled it.
    I took falling off bikes...and turned it into an art!
  • I had a same problem at my school me and a few lads most who bmx mtb skate ect were walking across the play ground (5 in all) when a group of chavs (about 10 or 12) 2 year younger stopped us saying " this is their turf!" i just laughed telling them to shut their pie hole! the biggest a bit fatter than me started and his small mate went behind me i was just not in the mood swing around dropping the small one and punching the bigger one right in the nose! the rest started one us but a teacher came over. I don't no what came over me but some thing really p**s me off the is nothing like me just chavs these days
  • If it was Chuck Norris in your shoes they would be dead due to roundhouse kicks.
    Me like trials biking me do