Richmond 5 Dales 24th May

Ryedaleman
Ryedaleman Posts: 68
This is an excellent event event based on Richmond, climbing The Stang, Tan Hill ,Burdale Common, Fleet Moss and Park Rash, entries open now £15.
It was £5 last year but now they have electronic timing, so I suppose the increase is justified. Anyway I hope to get around this year without severe cramp in my thighs and blue language coming from my mouth!

http://www.richmondcyclingclub.co.uk/ follow the links to enter online.

Comments

• Like the look of this, especially since its the month before the ryedale rumble aswell.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Reckon this will be a corker, I unforunately can't do it as i'm doing the Fred Whitton and the White Rose, this would be too much in between.

But for those wanting an absolute beast of a route in the Smashing Dales then this could be for you...It fisnhes with 2 of the toughest climb sin the Dales...Fleetmoss from Hawes is a brute, and Park rash is a 1:3...toughest i've did in the dales.

Keep thinking to myself about this route....why not drop down to Keld from Tan Hill then head for Thwaite then do the climb up Buttertubs to get to Hawes...Buttertubs is tougher this way...and it would complete a monumental day!

For £15 it should be snapped up.
  • poucher
    poucher Posts: 102
    I'm doing this one as well, its the weekend after the etape caledonia so I hope I'm recovered enough in time.

Fantastic countryside here.