Isle of Man

dave_hill
dave_hill Posts: 3,877
edited January 2008 in Routes
Anyone know what the riding is like on the Isle of Man? I fancy a visit over there later this year (without the motorbike this time!) but wondered if anyone knows any good routes?
Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
Help for Heroes
JayPic

Comments

• glen4
    glen4 Posts: 250
    Dave,
    Have a look here http://www.visitisleofman.com/activitie ... biking.xml , have been to the TT for the last 18 years, and the last 10 or so have took my Enduro bike (motorcycle) to enjoy the superb tracks over there. There is plenty you could do on the mountain bike. Am doing the 'end to end' over there in sept this year, 44 miles from point of ayre to calf of man, looks a great route, covered here http://manxe2e.org/categories/view/3
    2009 Cove Handjob
    2009 Cove Hummer
  • I raced at the Manx GP last year and got diverted off the mountain (while doing a lap in the car) just before the 33rd milestone. That road takes you down to a forrest and a lake then brings you back out at the back of Union Mills. I've only just got into this mountain biking lark so couldn't actually give any definite trails but that looked like it would be pretty good if you could find an off road route down the hill. I will definitely be taking my Mountain bike to the Manx this year so if you find anything good let me know cos there is a lot of waiting around between practice and racing and it would be good to get out on the MTB.
  • glen4
    glen4 Posts: 250
    gnasher5 wrote:
    I raced at the Manx GP last year and got diverted off the mountain (while doing a lap in the car) just before the 33rd milestone. That road takes you down to a forrest and a lake then brings you back out at the back of Union Mills. I've only just got into this mountain biking lark so couldn't actually give any definite trails but that looked like it would be pretty good if you could find an off road route down the hill. I will definitely be taking my Mountain bike to the Manx this year so if you find anything good let me know cos there is a lot of waiting around between practice and racing and it would be good to get out on the MTB.

Yeah that road crosses the millenium way so you could nip down the St. Lukes track to come out at Union Mills, fairly rocky down through there tho'
    2009 Cove Handjob
    2009 Cove Hummer