Shimano pedals

sparrowlegs78
sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
edited January 2008 in MTB general
Hi, i have looked around and i can't find anything thats tells me how you release your feet from shimano pedals.
I am using Crank Bros pedals at the moment and i have to twist my heel out to get the pedals to release and i don't like the feeling of having to twist my leg..its not very comforable, so i was wondering if Shimano pedals have the same release style.
Any help would be great thanks, Caz xxxxx

Comments

• jontymo
    jontymo Posts: 127
    Same as, flick your heel outwards.
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    You can use multi-release cleats with Shimano that allow you to just pull your foot out in emergencies. Obviously the tighter you have the pedal, the harder you have to pull.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Shimano are adjustable so you can make it very easy to release your feet.

This way the 'twist' is not very pronounced.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Crank Bros. have 2 release angles depending which cleats on which foot. I've never used a pair & can't remember which way is which, but it might be worth swapping them over before getting new pedals. It'll either feel better or worse ;)
  • I've got the crank bros ones set on the lesser angle of 15 degrees and i still struggle lol....i think its my Sparrowlegs letting me down again :oops:
  • S_J_P
    S_J_P Posts: 908
    Shimano multi-release cleats can be unclipped by turning in, out, or pulling up (though up is really only an emergency release and isn't practical all the time)
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    The shimano style SPD's are dead easy to get out of if you set the tension to it's lowest level.

That is of course unless your on the granny ring, back wheel is spinning in the mud and your front wheel suddenly digs in and you fall towards the one side you're just about to clip out of and you end up in a big mud bath feeling a prat - not that that happend to me today or anything :oops:
  • Nowt wrong with falling off in a difficult situation :D ...i fell off mine in the back alley...i was following the Hubby and he came to a stop, i saw him stop...anchored on..and just tipped off sideways! :oops: ..couldn't get me feet out for love nor money....felt a right wazzock sat there with the bike on top of me :oops: ...i did laugh tho :lol:
  • dhxcme
    dhxcme Posts: 1,467
    If you yank up hard enough you can pull out of crank bros. As I found when I had a spill and went 5 feet along the floor on the bones of my arse. I recon I clicked my hips out as well as these stang like fook for a week after.