Fred Witton B&B

John C.
John C. Posts: 2,113
Any one konw of ANY accomadation for 8 riders for the Fred Witton, as near Coniston as possible, Just checked out B&B and Hotels and I thought I was buying the place. We are nearly all in the MV catagory (That really cheared me up)
http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Hills are just a matter of pace

Comments

• Try Ambleside yha, not to bad, there is another private hostel in ambleside on old lakes road, there only 10 mins from Coniston.Coppemines and Holly how in Coniston will be booked already.
    ding dang do
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    John C. wrote:
    We are nearly all in the MV catagory (That really cheared me up)

does that mean it has to be close to the jack the rippers (strippers)? :P :twisted:

will probably look for some accom for myself john, choosing accomodation before the FWC is a bit like choosing your last meal before lethal injection!
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Fat Head my bro will be staying with Stu I think. Me, George and Neil from work are looking for somewhere to stay as well and would be good to get us all together. Are you planning on riding around with Glenn? As George and Neil are also faster climbers than me and you guys are probaly more suited to ride together.

I am hoping myself to get under 8hrs and get a 1st class placing as I only missed it with 10 mins last year and I know I could make up that time if the weather was good.
    Brian B.
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    brian i dont have anything booked so if you can get anything and need another body to make it 2 to a room or whatever give me a shout please

ta
  • John C.
    We seam to have a choice of venues now so it depends on the rest of the group where we stay. Go easy on the Ripper gags, I'm related to the other one :oops:
    As for times I'm not sure what I'm doing yet as we are quite a mixed group, so I may just decide to ride with the slowest as it's my first FW or I may see if I can stay with Rich. My thinking here is if there is a headwind he'll be a good man to tuck in behind. :lol:

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    John C. wrote:
    We seam to have a choice of venues now so it depends on the rest of the group where we stay. Go easy on the Ripper gags, I'm related to the other one :oops:
    As for times I'm not sure what I'm doing yet as we are quite a mixed group, so I may just decide to ride with the slowest as it's my first FW or I may see if I can stay with Rich. My thinking here is if there is a headwind he'll be a good man to tuck in behind. :lol:

Jump in behind no problem John, I´ll be looking to get a tad fitter this year and get a bit lighter aswell :wink: But Im far too realistic to think about times, yes 8 hours or slightly under is very possible if EVERYTHING is perfect.....but usually this is not the case, a strong wind, lashing rain, lack of form can all put those crazy ideas to bed very promptly!

I sometimes laugh as I know deep down im not the best and I dont give care too much about time, I just want to scale Hardknott and Wrynose at 100 miles without walking, thats it.

And I reckon deepdown everyone has all these aspirations about certain goals to start with but I reckon most in the end just want to survive the bloody thing, the realisation usually hits home around Whinlatter Pass when you realise your only half way round and youve already put such effort in...and then when heading to Hardknott at around 100miles I dont think much mortals think about the time ...most are just plain terrified.

From what I know and see only around 25% will successfully scale Hardknott...For me:-

Under 8 Hours and being unsuccessfull on Hardknott means nothing

Over 8 hours and being Successful means everything...

Planning times is a tad farcical in my book.....hoping for the best is usually the best way.
  • John C.
    Chears Rich . We seam to have a worried group of riders over here now all wanting to get the miles in. Emma, bless her (she is the one who says she'll look after me in the etape DVD on about 18-20 mins) is running in York this weekend, must be easier by bike :lol: I think we will be aiming for a really early start to give us time and I agree Hardknott has to be ridden.