Ryedale Rumble Website

Matt Payne
Matt Payne Posts: 39
The updated website for the Ryedale Rumble is now live at www.ryedalerumble.co.uk easier to use & in the same format as the rest of the BC Yorkshire site will be including the White Rose Classic.

Matt

8)
Actions speak louder than words, a man stands by his deeds, thought before action if you have time.

Comments

• Just out of interest how long does the confirmation email usually take?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Just out of interest how long does the confirmation email usually take?
    I got mine within a minute or so.
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • John C. wrote:
    I got mine within a minute or so.

Likewise.

Any idea when the start list will appear on the site?

8)
    "It\'s curtains for Karpets!" - David Duffield
  • Nope :lol:

Bob H will know tho`
    Actions speak louder than words, a man stands by his deeds, thought before action if you have time.
  • bobh
    bobh Posts: 163
    He certainly does!

The first bank of entries will be edited this weekend and should be uploaded by Tuesday of next week.

It's interesting to compare the rate of entry as against the Dales based White Rose Classic and the Etape du Dales. The North York Moors has probably yet to hit the radar of many Sportive riders and so this event will probably fill slower than those. Whilst the Dales has a tradition and perhaps a stronger identity with people outside of "Gods Own" county, the North York Moors is the ideal venue for a sportive. Challenging contours on roads that are relatively free from traffic with the sort of views that take your breath away. For readers who don't know the area but who watch Heartbeat on a Sunday evening then really it doesn't go near capturing what you'll experience.

There are also some great deals on local accomodation that enables you to make a weekend of it, with Whitby, Scarborough and York and all close by then why not. If you need details of how to find the best accomodation please email me at bobhowden@grasscrete.com

As the sister event to the White Rose Classic, the Rumble has the same format that's been widely praised by riders. Good feeds, fully marked route, quality tee-shirt and plenty of suffering! :twisted:
  • Matt/Bob, is there any chance you could see if my entry has registered? I went through the process, entered my card details etc but no confirmation yet. Don't wanna re-enter just incase.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • bobh
    Sorry Shocked nothing for you on the entry list. Could you try again and check that you show your email address. If you're not on the list you won't have been charged.

Bob Howden
    Event Organiser
    Ryedale Rumble
  • bobh wrote:
    Sorry Shocked nothing for you on the entry list. Could you try again and check that you show your email address. If you're not on the list you won't have been charged.

Bob Howden
    Event Organiser
    Ryedale Rumble

Thats fine. I'll re-enter. Cheers for the reply.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I reckon the Ryedale Rumble will soon get its justified success.

For me it represents one of our truly outstanding cycling area's. Quaint NY Moors little villages - lovely, extremly well surfaced roads, hardly any traffic, mostly all small B roads, outstanding scenery, and the most challenging of terrain. I beleive pound for pound the NY Moors maybe the toughest/steepest area for cycling i've ever ridden....ok, they havent got a Hardknott or Bwlch Y Groes but they have got tons and tons of climbs which are on par with Winnats Pass (and a good few which are way tougher), it's the ultimate spot for an ultimate sportif.

The Ryedale Rumble route this year...Mmmm, its gonna be a monument, first climb is Boltby Bank! Now I can tell you straight that I punched the air when I got to the top of that...what a brute! I usually keep that kind of celebration for bigger steeper climb as pre mentioned but this climb is only 1km long....averages 16%..thought I wasn't going to make it...just is outrageously tough and gets upto 1:3 in my book...and the worst thing is you see near the entire climb ahead of you - horrible!

Then its up/down Bransdale which is supposedly beutiful with a few nasties involved...then upto Church Houses for the next trauma...Blakey Bank... this goes on forever it seems...just wave after wave of 20%...Always very happy to reach the top...then its off to the the North and East of the Moors...lots of terrible gradients around there aswell.....then you head back to ROSEDALE...now that should get the alarm bells ringing as your gonna experience something that all UK cyclists should try at least once in there lives...no point in trying to explain in words the climb of the Chimney bank...its so steep it beggars belief, it's another climb just over 1km but in that 1km you will test the strength and will power of yourself to the max...if anyone has did the FWC then think about the top switchback of Hardknott...where its at its steepest...well its that gradient for 400 meters solid...better surface but still a marvel of tarmac adhesion...

So for any lad/lass out there wanting an ultimate challenge in gorgeous coutryside then have a pop at this...its going to be an absolute blast...especially since the lads who organise it are the same lads who organise the well received White Rose Classic.

The NY Moors are just so special I can't plug them enough!
  • bobh
    Cheque's in the post Richyboy
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Boltby Bank.

It starts in Boltby, because if you get this steep little climb wrong you'll start Mr Boltby wrong and he won't like that and you will be punished. So, middle ring 25 rear and just take it very steadily, round the left hander at the top into a high gear and gently up the speed whilst getting the heart rate back down, You have only a minute to do this as the next 1/2 mile is covered very quickly. Through the ford, round the left hander and start dropping down the gears, by the time you get to the steep hill sign, into granny, you could leave it untill the flat bit but if you're worried about the hill trust me on this one. Steady away now past the turn into the forest on the left and a short steep bit before we level out for about 50 m stay in the gear you are in, breath, relax, past the turn to high Paradise on the left and now things start to go up. Don't look up. Stay calm look over to your left, look at the horizon , look how rusty the fence is, look at the horse in the field which is walking along side you but do not look up because you can see what is to come and it will crucify you. As you start to go left the road surface get a bit iffy, the stone chippings have been apun off leaving slippy sections so check these out and get in the middle od the road, you are now approaching the stepest bit, but stay calm look to your left check out the quarry on the right, you are now on the steepest bit , you can see the sharp right hander ahead and it looks to level out a bit, it doesn't . up we go again 50 m and then we turn left and every thig levels out. Job done . You may now call the bank Boltby. :lol:
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • Is St Martins college the same place where the last feed stop was last year before White Horse Bank?

I remember thinking not long now. How wrong I was.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • bobh
    No White Horse Bank this time, Bolty is more than a substitute though and at the beginning of the day as well. I've a feeling the driveway up to St Martin's finish will catch a few out. Only short but with a hairpin that you probably kick out from at 1 in 4, just at the point when as they say "you think it's all over". I might just position a camera there!
    :twisted:
  • Shoked,

The Start & finish @ St Martins is not where the last feed was, we needed better facilities & parking than the sports centre could provide.

If you google Gilling Castle, or check out the maps of the routes on the website you can see its near but not the same.

Matt