edited January 2008 in Road general
Stole this off e bay :wink: last week.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... otostream/
:P
bagpuss

Comments

• 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    Nice... i had a carlton in my youth with Weinmann centre pull brakes, great for skids !

lol.
    4C.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Really rather nice for 300 quid! But fact that you were the only bidder at that price says a lot about the market demand for such lovely old bikes.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Not sure Dave. On sale just after christmas & and poor $ to £ does not help.IMHO .Good buyers market all round.Apart from the frame which had been resprayed and re chrome.All the parts are new
    bagpuss
  • meagain
    Post-Xmas credit card hang overs almost certainly mean some good bargains to be had in all sorts of items! Newish bikes included - all the folk who bought 'em last year with good intentions to get fit and realise that they never did ride 'em and won't this year either!

Jist don't get carried away, Paul. Oh. Too late? Back to the garage, then....
    d.j.
  • bagpusscp
    The men in white coats carried me away years ago :!: :roll: :shock: :wink: :oops:
    bagpuss
  • meagain
    But - I'm pleased to say - then they let you out again!!!
    d.j.
  • bagpusscp
    Who said he was out :?: I'am his twin brother :idea:
    bagpuss
  • meagain
    Two? TWO?? Price of classic bikes will double...
    d.j.
  • bagpusscp
    Arf Arf :lol::lol:
    bagpuss
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Lovely bike.

My first proper bike was a Carlton, new in 1964, and if my memory serves me correctly, was a Capella Clubman. Cost something like £30.00 from B W Lee and son in Sutton Coldfield, the world's best bicycle shop. Dad bought it for me to ride to my new school after passing my eleven+ . Bikes sheds at school were huge and full.

Specification not anywhere near as good as yours though. Fern green metallic with cream head tube/seat tube rings, Williams C34 chainset, Simplex 5 speed gears. Weinman centre pulls. Sadly mine didn't have any chrome lugs/stays. Did my first time trial and circuit race on it. No idea where it went, I must have sold it to a mate or something. :(
  • you have a great collection there Bagpuss 8) classic lugwork
  • bagpusscp
    Thanks Fixed Wheel Nut . Alot of time has gone into some of them .Others I just dropped lucky. One last one to add { A Carlton Giro d' talia}.Then no more. {For now at least} :wink:
    bagpuss
  • meagain
    "Then no more."

Yeah Sure.
    d.j.
  • bagpusscp
    meagain wrote:
    "Then no more."

Yeah Sure.
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: well maybe the odd one :shock: :shock: :wink: 8)
    bagpuss