Seperate Road Gear and Knowhow into products and mechanical?

robbarker
robbarker Posts: 1,367
The Road Gear and Know how section contains a lot of posts from people asking which bike, wheels or jacket they should buy, combined with some really useful bike maintenance threads, which can get a little lost in the noise.

Please will you consider binning the "pharmacy" topic (the content of which is better off in pro talk) and separating RG+K into "Road Gear" and "Fettling/mechanics/maintenance" , whatever you think it's best labelled!

Rob

Nadolig llawen pawb!

Comments

• robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    No response? With the myriad of obcure topics in the road section (pharmacy? women's racing? campaign?) I do find it odd that here's no dedicated mechanical and technical topic.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi,

As has been stated elsewhere, we can't play around too much with the forum yet so 'binning' things isn't an option.

I think Road Gear and Know How is pretty well labelled:

Road Gear & Know-how
    Ask for advice or share your fettling tips

The best thing to do if you think something doesn't belong there is to flag it - unfortunately we can't control what people choose to post.

ta
  • I'd have to say there's too many separate topics already - if somebody new to cycling wants to know what they should look for in a road bike for cycling to work to improve their fitness plus the odd pootle about with their kids, should they post it in Road Gear and Knowhow, Commuting General, Road Beginners, Training or Family & Kids?* It's no wonder so many threads end up in the wrong place!

If you want to find something, just search!

*Ok, what they should do is search the forum and find the answer in one of the millions of threads already there, but it's just an example!
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Correct - the search facility should be used more.

We'll consider trimming the forum when we have the means to.
    ta