Trail Break Sportives

Abingdon77
Abingdon77 Posts: 56
Hi All,

I’m looking to take part in a few sportives this year, and those run by Trail Break have caught my eye, as they are all reasonably local for me and don’t seem to be too competitive...

http://www.trailbreak.co.uk/index.php

Does anyone have any experience of their regular Sunday Sportives, or their Southern Sportive?

Cheers,

D.

Comments

• jhop
    jhop Posts: 369
    I rode their Princes Risborough event last year which was good, although a group of us missed an early sign and spent some wasted time getting back on track as the previous day's MTB route were also still about and confused us!

The timing system was the wrist tag and box style.

I don't think their rides were well publicised last year but with the growth in interest and online entries I expect it will be harder to enter on the line as I did last year. Cyclosport emailed me on the Friday before and I just turned up entered and rode, I am riding it again this year as like you their events are local for me.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Rode the Milton Keynes Sunday Sportive as well as the Southern Sportive. Neither was super tough but both well organised and good value. Had two minor niggles with the Southern Sportive, the last drinks stop ran out of water (this caused no more than a 5 minute wait till the fresh supply arrived) and one sign went awol causing a 12k detour (not the organisers fault, "well-meaning" members of the public to blame).
    Worth doing.
  • Thanks. Sounds worthwhile, and hopefully they can improve on the minor niggles for this year.

I've registered for the Princes Risborough and Letcombe Regis rides, just hope it stops raining before then!

Cheers.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I did the Princes Risborough one last year - very well organised I thought and a nice / not too taxing route. Having ridden TrailBreak's Navigator (MTB Orienteering) events before I thought they be well organised and so it proved to be.