Renfrewshire

doodoo_voodoo
doodoo_voodoo Posts: 121
edited January 2008 in Routes
Getting back into to mountain biking after a prolonged absence. I previously stayed in Fort William (before all the custom made trails) and had planty of places to take my bike.

However, not so sure where to go in Renfrewshire. I had some advice on this already in the Beginners section, but would appreciate any other input regarding cross-country routes. I know there are loads of places close-ish that I can take the bike to with the car, but looking for routes that I can just pop out and cycle on and leave the car at home.

Thx

Comments

• not too sure about renfrewshire but CARRON VALLEY is only about a half hour away in the car
    only when you stare death in the face do you feel most alive
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    See my posts under Ayrshire rides in the "beginner section". Some refer to Renfrewshire.
  • Thanks guys - much appreciated. :D
  • Pict
    Pict Posts: 108
    It all depends on what part of the charming county of Renfreshire, that you reside?
    I used to love in Bishopton. I'd head from there over the Erskine bridge, then up into the Kilpatrick Hills. Lots of stuff up there to keep you interested and fit. Aim to get up to Duncolm Hill.
    Enjoy.
    Come back with your bike or upon it.
  • There's some not bad trails round Glennifer Braes to if you're near Paisley. I used to ride there when I lived out that way. There was an XC race there last year I think.