North Wales Sportives

redddraggon
redddraggon Posts: 10,862
I've got 3 months off during the summer so would like to do a sportive during that time.

June, July and August?

Does anyone know of any during that time in North Wales?
I like bikes...

Twitter
Flickr

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    You could have a nosey on the events here:

http://www.cyclosport.org/events2008.aspx

I'm going to be 'attempting' the Polkadot Challenge in June, that's not a million miles away from North Wales...
  • redddraggon
    I was hoping for an event I could ride to, as I don't have a car.

Dave Lloyd one looks the best bet, it's only a shortish ride from where I live.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631

How far is 'shortish'? Not sure I'd want much of a ride home after the Mega Challenge.
    Rich
  • redddraggon
    RichA wrote:

How far is 'shortish'? Not sure I'd want much of a ride home after the Mega Challenge.

I would only do the shorter route. As that would probably take me upto 100miles with the journey there and back.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    There is the Gran Fondo Cymru (find that on cyclosport) and there is the Wild Wales Challenge (run by merseyside CC or CTC I think), that I know of.
    I think they may both start from Bala.
    HTH
  • redddraggon
    I did plan for Gran Fondo Cymru, but I've since found out that's the weekend I have to move out of my flat, so it's a no go unfortunately.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr