Newbie all sorted :D (ish)

Symchicken
Symchicken Posts: 50
edited January 2008 in MTB beginners
Hey folks, just thought I'd drop a post in.

I was hanging round the road biking forum for a while before I came internetless and now I'm back - but bikeless! Oh no! (What do you mean my toptube has cracked irreperably? It's been fine for almost 30 years!)

Anyway, decided that since I've moved next door to wales I might give this mountain biking thingummy a try so off I popped to the shop and I'll be taking delivery of a Specialized Hardrock Pro in about a weeks time. So far so good. Anyway, it's being kitted out with a rear rack and panniers for during the week commuting (3 miles or so, not far) and I figured I could just take them off for weekend muddy fun.

Anyway, meandering to the point(ish), as I'm new to MTBing and the area I was wondering if anyone could recommend any nice spots to get going? I'm relatively fit etc, don't mind being out in the great beyond with a map but, crucially, I don't have a car.

Two places have sprung to my attention, Llandegla near Wrexham and Delamere forest. Can anyone offer any comments or advice about these or anything in general?

Hope this hasn't bored too many of you. Have a good 'un

Sym

Comments