Cough

pb21
pb21 Posts: 2,170
I have picked up a bit of a cough and had it for the last few days. Its not that bad, more a dry tickly one, although once I start coughing it sometimes sounds a bit more chesty. I also have a slight sore throat but other than that fine.

Would you advise no riding or could some easy riding help?

I am conscious of the fact that i dont want it to get worse and I plan on starting training soon so want it to go away quick!
Mañana

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    pb21 wrote:
    I have picked up a bit of a cough and had it for the last few days. Its not that bad, more a dry tickly one, although once I start coughing it sometimes sounds a bit more chesty. I also have a slight sore throat but other than that fine.

Sore throat = stay off bike.

Rest and wait 2 days after symptoms disappear before resuming riding.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    I thought that staying off made more sense. :(

Probably the best time to get something though, just after the Xmas miles and before any serious training.
    Mañana
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Unless I've got a raised temperature or I'm very symptomatic I tend to go out on my bike. No intervals though mind, just a few steady rides here and there
  • I think I'm starting to get cold-like symptoms as well :cry:

What do people reckon is the best way to shift the damn thing ASAP?! Really don't want to be shut up in the house the next few days!!
  • I had a cold over Christmas. I missed the Boxing Day race, but raced on New Year's Day (the symptoms had subsided). The cold has now come back with a vengeance - rib cracking coughs. I think recovery rides are okay as long as symptoms are 'above the neck' (Friel?), but I'd avoid any high intensity stuff until you are well clear of the virus.
    Lance Woodman
    Willesden CC