Jessica Booth

dave5n
dave5n Posts: 3,307
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
Hi,

Jessica Booth, who is one of our rising stars on the track, is up for Sports Personality of the Year in her local newspaper.

Jess was recently selected for the Olympic Development Programme and is a fantastic ambassador for cycling, and this award could help us raise the profile of cycling!

I know most of you live locally and would like the opportunity to vote on the link below.

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/hnballot2/index.php

Last time we did this, for Jess Varnish, we missed out by just 2%, so all you people from Halesowen or a connection to the area, please show your support.

Thanks

Comments

• webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    not local but vote cast. looks like shes doing well
  • Done!

Will try and get a few more cast when I get to work.....
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    I can't help feeling this is a little unfair as I know nothing about the others.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • Who cares about the others, let's raise cycling's profile, especially that of female competative cycling!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    FSR_XC wrote:
    I can't help feeling this is a little unfair as I know nothing about the others.

The good side of me agrees with you, the other side of me , read: cyclist , voted for her . :oops:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    FSR_XC wrote:

I can't help feeling this is a little unfair as I don't even know where Halesowen is.
  • ean
    ean Posts: 98
    afx237vi wrote:
    FSR_XC wrote:

I can't help feeling this is a little unfair as I don't even know where Halesowen is.

It's here

The trees lie about the wind...
    www.wirralseafishing.co.uk
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    :D:D:D
    I can't help thinking this is unfair as I don't even know who Jessica Booth is lol

:oops: :oops: :oops:

anyone got a picture ? :wink:
  • dave5n
    You don't need a picture. Jess is an outstanding talent and a real prospect for GB in 2016 or maybe even 2012. Get behind cycling in Britain,. Our future stars are our ambassadors. These are the the household names of the futrure, but only if we all work to promote them and raise their profile.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Who cares about the others, let's raise cycling's profile, especially that of female competative cycling!
    Somehow I read that as 'dating'.

[mumble]Must get more sleep...must get more sleep[/mumble]
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Here ya Go!

20070821_JUN_YOUTH_TRACK_CHAMPS_D3_02.JPG
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Gets my vote :oops:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • dave5n
    If you haven't yet voted, it isn't too late
  • Another vote for Jessica from the great lycra lobby.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • dave5n
    Report from her brother tonight that Jess won.

Apparently it took a while to sort out as there was some evidence that some people had tried to vote more than once.

Anyway, thanks very much everyone for your support.

Let's hope she makes it to the 2012 Olympics.
  • dave5n wrote:
    there was some evidence that some people had tried to vote more than once.

That is outrageous! I can't imagine any of us stooping so low.......

Honestly..... :D

Hurray for the win though!