Best UST Tyres ?

artillerydave
artillerydave Posts: 715
edited December 2007 in MTB buying advice
Just asking for opinions on what UST tyres people are running as have a new Shiny Mavic UST Wheelset but not decided on tyres yet, definately want UST tyres though, not standard with a sealant. considering the new Continental Mountain king in a 2.4 size. Mainly ride around North Wales Trail Centres and the the like. like them big but not too heavy.

Comments

• Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Can't comment on the Mountain Kings. I use Maxxis Ignitor LUSTs 2.35. At 805g each they're not too heavy and at 60a durometer they stick without dragging.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • h'mm not really considered those, did have a non UST pair of high rollers once and they were great. I'm surprised how few shops seem to stock any UST tyres, not a wonderful choice yet then.
  • Splasher
    Well there's a reasonable choice but you need to look mail order as shops won't stock them because they haven't got space to hold low volume stuff. High Roller USTs in 2.35 are a great choice but are only available in 42a compound which is soft. It sticks brilliantly but drags more and wears fast on the back.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • I am bout to order some High Roller USTs (2.5) from CRC in the 60a compound.

I have new Mavic UST rims also so in the same boat

PLus I have never fitted them before so that should be fun - not! :shock:
  • Splasher
    Another good choice is Michelin Mountain UST Extrem 2.2s