Happy New Year :o)

phil_ss1
phil_ss1 Posts: 194
edited January 2008 in Commuting chat
Sat at work on New Year's eve bored and waiting to go home :cry:

Only good thing was the commute in, 20 cars tops, usually have to battle against 100's

Safe Cycling and Happy New Year to all on the forum! :D

Phil
(still dreaming of a road bike..... Santa sucks!)

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...same as you Phil, waiting to go home-early hopefully-happy and safe new year :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'm just getting ready to go out to work - I'll be working over the bells. :cry:

On the plus side I'll not have a hangover in the morning, so should be able to haul my butt out for a few miles on completely empty roads :)

A good New Year, to all on the forum, when it comes.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • I'll forth that! Happy new year to everyone!

I to am currently stuck at work, just waiting for home time so I can get on my bike for the last time this year!!!!

Hopefully I won't have the rain like last Friday to utterly soak me but I am looking forward to some hopefully even quieter roads!!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    at least you looking forward to finishing work,.

i sat here waiting to go to work and to add insult to injury i have to go in at 10 till six..

had to do this on christmass as well 10-6 so missed xmass now miss newyear to,..

i love my job all the managers who decide these things get to have the week off to spend with family and us underlings get poooooooped on again....
  • Happy new Year.

First commute in 08 and I get a puncture, not too bad, as it was a slow one, and was able to fix in relative comfort at work.

:-D still smiling.
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Happy new Year.

First commute in 08 and I get a puncture, not too bad, as it was a slow one, and was able to fix in relative comfort at work.

My single-speed chain tensioner fell off :(
    <a>road</a>
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Happy new Year.

My single-speed chain tensioner fell off :(

Adding to the headwind and rain which are always a joy, this morning my front tyre was punctured by a piece road glass the size of the Koh-I-Noor diamond :(
  • There was a crash right in front of me; one cyclist into another (one had stopped for a cycle crossing and the guy behind wasn't expecting him to, he hit him and came off).

Me and another cyclist stopped to see if they were all right which they appeared to be; the guy behind was offering the guy in front money for his badly buckled wheel, but he wouldn't take it, saying he was getting a new bike at the weekend for Christmas, which was quite good natured of him, I thought.