How long............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

bagpusscp
bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
Went out today for a 20 mile ride. Took just over 3 hours :oops:
1/ At 2 miles stopped at a mates and spent over an hour drinking tea and bumping my gums :roll: .
2/ At 12 miles stopped at a cafe {well it had been a hard ride :roll: } Spent another hour yapping and more tea. :wink: Plus the bacon smelt wonderful.

Training value zero . Every thing else 10 :wink:
bagpuss

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Haven't ever beaten that though.... Good 'pootle' that... I hope no-one was expecting you back 'in an hour'.

I have to be back when I say I'll be back, otherwise 'loved ones' will get worried if it goes over by 30 mins or so......
  • Yesterday we did 70 miles in 6 hours, included a cafe stop. However, the ride included bits of the Tour of the Black Mountains, first time I have been over Gospel pass and its a grade A b*st*rd. I saw a new MHR by some 5 beats per min on the way up.....still I managed it on a 39x26 and was far from last man over woo hoo!
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    bagpusscp wrote:
    When out today for a 20 mile ride. Took just over 3 hours
    Ptfffffft! That's nothing! On a 35 mile ride with the local BUG we took 2 hrs to go just under 2 miles. Most of that time was taken up manouvering a disabled guy, on an electric trike, around the various blockages on the cycle path (bollards, gates etc.) and fixing punctures - 4 IIRC. We ended up cutting the ride short, but it still took all day. :cry:

I could have pulled myself round the route quicker with my fingertips!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • 5 mile round trip to the local shops. Last time I rode that, it took me about 30 minutes and I was knackered afterwards.
    I think I may be a bit overweight and unfit. :oops:
    (Oh, there is a steep hill on the way)
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • bagpusscp wrote:
    When out today for a 20 mile ride. Took just over 3 hours :oops:
    1/ At 2 miles stopped at a mates and spent over an hour drinking tea and bumping my gums :roll: .
    2/ At 12 miles stopped at a cafe {well it had been a hard ride :roll: } Spent another hour yapping and more tea. :wink: Plus the bacon smelt wonderful.

Training value zero . Every thing else 10 :wink:
    :D:D Thats one crap workout. And why the hell not?
    The scent of these arm-pits is aroma finer than prayer
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    The Gospel Pass on 39x26 is not an easy proposition.

I am (not) looking forward to the annual grovel over it in February. The only thing that ever eases the early season pain is seeing the odd intredpid fool (the name Chadwick comes to mind for some reason) doing it on fixed.

My contribution to the cycling world today was a spectacularly unskillful bunny-hop over a log on my mountain bike, leading to an over-the-handlebars comedy faceplant in front of my friends..