A winter injury that has ruined my christmas

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited December 2007 in Commuting chat
I had to brake hard to stop so I didn't run over two old ladies in the cycle path... I went over a bump and... banged my little finger. :shock:

As a result I am drinking red wine instead of pints to lessen the strain. 8)

Comments

• Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    Ponce!
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    So far today I have had an accident with a Egg and Sausage roll, Crossaint, a plate of NHS Standard Yellow Sauce with Pasta and Caulliflour and topped that off in the pub this evening with Dirty Harry burger with Curly Fries. With any luck this gut bursting feast of badness will reduce the chances of any further food related accidents over the next few days. Though the 2 boxes of Cadburys Roses sourced from various places may be too tempting.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Know how you feel, about twenty years ago i broke my hand on christmas eve while trying to stop two guys from beating each others brains out, spent several hours of christmas morning at the local hospital, and a further two weeks in plaster, christ i was pulling my hair out. It really is surprising how difficult it is to have to do everything with one hand, and my christmas was ruined. After the police sorted it all out it was six of one and half a dozen of the other and both dick heads were released on christmas morning without charge. On reflection should have just let them get on with it. Merry christmas TARDIE greetings Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I feel a bit bad now! All pain in finger went away over night... though I was helping my big sister dissassemble her bike before sticking it into a hard case, and I tried to remove the lock out the wheel (it was a flexi coil lock) by pulling one end, and Ping! The hard lock bit sprung up and cracked my sore finger a real bugger! So now have proper sore finger that is completely my own fault!

Also because all of the 'kids' were home (we now all thirty-somethings) we drank ALL the parents wine and then ALL the Baileys which turned out to be a year past it's date. Then ALL the Tia Maria. What is that stuff? It's rank, but straaangely satisfying...
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    After "ALL" the wine and Baileys, you would probably have been satisfied by anything alcholic!

I caught a gum infection on boxing day and have been on antibiotics since, destroying at least 4 binge drinking opportunities plus New Years. The Christmas break wasn't ruined, but certainly impaired (being back at work today for the rest of the week is worse). :(