New Year Sales

larmurf
larmurf Posts: 110
edited January 2008 in Workshop
Hi
This should be the time of year for sales and bargains.
Has anyone seen a good deal that they would like to share with the rest of us?
I am looking for a good price on a Giant SCR C1 2007 which I think looks much
better than the new 2008 model. Best I've seen so far is £1800 - 20% reduction.

lm
Mahatma Gandhi was asked by a British journalist what he thought of Western civilisation. "I think it would be a good idea," he replied.

Comments

• Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    Geoffrey Butler has 20% off everything in the shop....including online.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Tredz in Cardiff have 20% off all their '07 bikes and 10% off all their 2008 bikes, plus loads of other reductions. Found some really good stuff yesterday, worth a look!!
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Hi LARMURF if you go to www.yatego.com, they have the same bike for€1999 or £1430. have a look. There are three frame sizes. Even with postage you must have a bargain. Good luck Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • larmurf
    hi
    Thanks for the replies. Have tried that website ademort but
    only get "Cannot find server" Please try it yourself and let me know if
    you can find any way to get it up.
    Mahatma Gandhi was asked by a British journalist what he thought of Western civilisation. "I think it would be a good idea," he replied.
  • larmurf
    hi ademort

got it sorted - there was a comma stuck at the end of the address
    which was knocking me out. I am not too alert today.
    Have got the bike up and am now struggling with the German but seems
    to be the cheapest I have come across
    Thanks again
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Another company currently having a sale is www.fietsgigant.nl They have some bikes less than half price including models by
    Batavus, Be-One,Cinelli,Bianchi,Concorde, Giant,Gazelle,Gitane,Intersens,Ridley,Sensa and Willier.However they do not deliver, you must collect in person. When you look at some of the prices it would still be cheaper to get on a plane and come and pick it up yourself, you would still save money.Please let us know how you get on. Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Tredz in Cardiff have 20% off all their '07 bikes and 10% off all their 2008 bikes, plus loads of other reductions. Found some really good stuff yesterday, worth a look!!

Oh dear, I know where i'll be tomorrow on my way back from my ride :roll:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op have just started their sale today
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op have just started their sale today

and in the Aberdeen shop I got Oakley heater Blue Iridium lenses for my M frames- down from £59.95 to £14.98!!!!

The website was up and down all day yesterday

just got to fit them now
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>
  • noggincp wrote:
    Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op have just started their sale today

and in the Aberdeen shop I got Oakley heater Blue Iridium lenses for my M frames- down from £59.95 to £14.98!!!!

The website was up and down all day yesterday

just got to fit them now

I popped in by the Aberdeen shop as well, although im really ill at the moment and since it was like a jumble sale I couldn't really bring myself to rummage through all the stuff. I ended up just sitting at the clothing section while my mum and little bro looked at bikes lol.

God I hate being ill!!!
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Went into Phil Corley Cyles in Milton Keynes today. They have a 53cm Pinarello Prince f&f in replica colours for £1,999 (£700 off). They also had a Cervelo P3 carbon f&f for £1,650, but can't remember what size, medium I think.
  • noggincp wrote:

just got to fit them now

Great price, but the buggers can't take payment over the phone and the website still shows the full prices.

PS - If I interpret your post correctly, it suggests that fitting them is awkward. With the right technique, it's very easy.

Don't fit the lenses working along the lens from one end to the other. Lay the m-frame on a flat surface. Angle the lens at (say) 30 degrees to the frame, and squeeze the lens slightly so that both corners can be fitted one immediately after the other. Now work towards the centre, with the apex / nose section of the lens being the last to be fitted.

Hope this helps!
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    noggincp wrote:

just got to fit them now

Great price, but the buggers can't take payment over the phone and the website still shows the full prices.

PS - If I interpret your post correctly, it suggests that fitting them is awkward. With the right technique, it's very easy.

Don't fit the lenses working along the lens from one end to the other. Lay the m-frame on a flat surface. Angle the lens at (say) 30 degrees to the frame, and squeeze the lens slightly so that both corners can be fitted one immediately after the other. Now work towards the centre, with the apex / nose section of the lens being the last to be fitted.

Hope this helps!

thanks I'll try that
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>
  • OnTow
    OnTow Posts: 130
    Campag. Record triple (looks like 2005 in the photo) - 64 quid from GB Cycles!
    Veloce cassettes for a touch under 28 quid!
    Veloce chains for 16 quid.

Mavic wheel covers - 15 quid from Parker International complete with skewer pocket on inside - nicely padded hub section too... Not sure if they have any left.
    Seem to fit my 26" MTB fat tyres as well as my 700c.

Google jersey - A bit different but actually not on offer - 39 quid....
    http://www.google-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=313