What happened to the Spesh?

Must have set you back a few bob!
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Epics weren't available till the 25th Jan :oops:
  • No worries though eh? That is one gorgeous frame!!! :D

When are you going to start the build?

It will look ace mate!

on a different topic have just been eyeing this little crankset up from CRC - for the Marin!

Nice eh?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=7629

If not shall get one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=15143

Nothing wrong with the 03 xtr thats on there but I have time off work and money to spend! :D
  • Andy
    Haha well I have bought one of the 03 XTR since it was 140 quid on CRC and should go nicely with the colour scheme. Rest of the build is undecided but will take a while to save up the cash for :wink:
  • That's a good price mate! Great chainsets!

I keep looking at my bike and its all 07 XTR apart from the chainset.....

I know I'm sad! :lol:

Is this a new build then rather than a frameswap?
  • Andy
    It is. The alloy anthem was sold to make way!

My XTC is 07 XTR apart from the discs which are taunting me! May have to remedy that!
  • You're like me mate!

My eye keeps gettng drawn to my chainset! ha ha
    Question matey, does the 07 xtr have the same bb as the 03?

theres nout wrong with my 03 HT BB as its only 6 months old so I was going to just install the new crank and keep the new BB as spare. Can this be done?
  • Andy
    Yeah not a problem.

07 cranks install slightly differently but the BB is the same.
  • Thats good news - may do that then! :wink:

Hopefully when that's done she will be finished.

Want to get some Nobby Nic 1.8's for her also! :wink:
  • Andy
    Sounds good. I demand pics when finished
  • Sure thing mate.

Am currently building a slopstyle bike (Mythic Wildcard with Totems, deemax etc) which is a turn in a totally new direction for me. SHould be finished mid/end Jan Latest!

When that's done I shall finish the Marin off

Have had enough with Pinkbike so have set up an account with photobucket and all of the new picks shall go on there.

The Marin has changed a lot since piccies in sig - I removed all of the red shite and have gone basic black and white with XTR throughout! :D
  • Andy
    I only use photobucket to be fair.

I did toy with the idea of a really nice DH bike but then i realised i didnt have the balls for it! :lol:

Shame as i really wanted that new yeti frame!
  • I know what you mean - it's pretty scary but I won't be doing no Kona Clump/John Cowan stuff .....

I've always been a XC type, used to do a fair bit of BMXing back in the day when I had no fear...... :lol:

But I just wanted a burly bike to throw around harder than I can on the Marin (which is nothing - it's too fragile and pretty :lol:)

But this new build has cost me more but I earmarked my xmas bonus to finance it...

It really is a playbike for fun rather than XC fairweather stuff I use the Marin for...

Still undecided what to do with my AM hardtail (the 24Seven) - it's a great bike but not sure if it's needed now?

Was going to frameswap it with a Cotic Bfe

May sell it :?
  • Andy
    I guess it depends how much you are gonna use the numerous bikes you have!
  • I only have 3:

The Marin
    The 24Seven
    The Mythic (well not built yet)

And I have 2/3rds of a jump bike still in boxes (frame forks and wheels) that probably will nver see the light of day! :lol:

Don't you have 3 bikes? :wink:
  • Andy
    How many bikes I own is immaterial to this thread! :lol:
  • ... don't be shy Andrew.

How many do you have?

Immaterial or not?

:wink:
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Andy, you're such a tart.

That bike needs some seriously pimpy parts. SIDs in blue?
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • Andy
    Actually it's just the two at the moment. Had a mass clear out about a month ago to fund christmas :wink:

Will be three soon.
  • Andy
    ddoogie wrote:
    Andy, you're such a tart.

That bike needs some seriously pimpy parts. SIDs in blue?

I'm thinking the Pace's will look the part. Have some 03 XTR cranks which should look good. Naturally an XTR shadow mech shall be going on it.
    Just wheels and brakes to decide on.
  • Andy
    edited December 2007
    Though I think some Fox forks in white and blue might work?
  • andrew156 wrote:
    Though I think some Fox forks in white and blue might work?[/list]

Look for some F100 RLCs Andy - great forks and you may get a good deal! :wink:
  • Andy
    They are still a good deal more than I can afford at the moment however! This build may well be a slow one!
  • andrew156 wrote:
    They are still a good deal more than I can afford at the moment however! This build may well be a slow one!

I know what you mean - I've run out of money on this one which means I dont have brakes!!! :shock:

Gonna have ti wait til last day of Jan to order 'em.

Be worth it in the end though matey - it always is! :D
  • ddoogie
    I think the F100s are an too much of an obvious choice on that bike. Not that they are bad forks, I am a big fan of Fox, but just not really fitting with the bike. The C-types would be a much nicer match.

The old XTR cranks are gorgeous, big thumbs up there! I'd go with the XTR hub/717 combo on the wheels to keep it simple, light and reliable. Brakes would either be XT or perhaps some of those sexual Mini Pros. Yummeh!
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

• ddoogie wrote:
    I think the F100s are an too much of an obvious choice on that bike. Not that they are bad forks, I am a big fan of Fox, but just not really fitting with the bike. The C-types would be a much nicer match.

The old XTR cranks are gorgeous, big thumbs up there! I'd go with the XTR hub/717 combo on the wheels to keep it simple, light and reliable. Brakes would either be XT or perhaps some of those sexual Mini Pros. Yummeh!

I reckon as DDoogie said XTR M975hubs on DT Swiss EX4.2d's (instead of 717s) - they are excellent (I have them) on the Marin (£250 from Merlin) - responsive, light and stiff!!! Great wheelset :wink:
  • Andy
    Yeah so still a good load of cash to spend! Lets see which lasts longer, my bank balance or my girlfriends tolerance!
  • ddoogie
    We all know you're loaded.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

• Andy
    Thanks Doggy! Here have a few grand... :roll:
  • you simply have to get this mate - go-on I know you want it sir....

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;p ... 1b1f4bbc14

:)