Do they want the business?

squired
squired Posts: 1,153
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
Recently I've become more and more frustrated with companies, and really do wonder whether they want the business.

I was looking at a digisender, to transmit my Sky+ signal around my house, as the one I currently have doesn't reach all 4 floors. A new version has been released, but there seems to be no option to buy a receiver unit (as I would want one sender and 2 receivers). So, I emailed the official distributor - no response. I emailed them again - no response. I emailed the company who make the product - no response.

My brother wants a pool table, so we have tried to contact about 6 or 7 companies to find out about prices/availability. So far I've only actually managed to speak to one person. None of the messages left on the phone, or emails sent, have received responses.

These are just two examples, but I could list a dozen, both pre and post sales. I really don't understand what these companies are up to. Do they want the business or not? I read about how hard it is to run a business these days, and how companies are struggling, so why ignore potential revenue?

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    It is the 28th of December, a time when many companies have a 2 week shut down, especially Manufacturing companies.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Try buying a car at the moment. I bought the Mrs the new Golf R32 and got zero help from my local dealer. Tried another and they were even worse. Got the car, needed some warranty work, tried to book it in three times and nothing.....No response.....Emailed the head of the dealership and copied in the head of service telling them that they are useless and I will never darken their door again... then I got a response....Needless to say, I am not using them.

JCT600 VW in Hull..... Bunch of Wank3rs.
    Des Winks VW in Scarborough...... Very Helpful.

Just incase anyone in this area is looking for a VW!

Customer service is now a dirty word....
  • Try buying a car at the moment. I bought the Mrs the new Golf R32 and got zero help from my local dealer. Tried another and they were even worse. Got the car, needed some warranty work, tried to book it in three times and nothing.....No response.....Emailed the head of the dealership and copied in the head of service telling them that they are useless and I will never darken their door again... then I got a response....Needless to say, I am not using them.

JCT600 VW in Hull..... Bunch of Wank3rs.
    Des Winks VW in Scarborough...... Very Helpful.

Just incase anyone in this area is looking for a VW!

Customer service is now a dirty word....

I still miss my MkIV R32 3-door. Awesome car.
    <a>road</a>
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    In my experience they are usually good at attracting new business, its the after-sales bit that lacks somewhat. :?
    I have pain!