1st ride for a while

jimmyp1873
jimmyp1873 Posts: 120
edited December 2007 in MTB general
went out on the bike today for the 1st time in about 5 months, found a forrest with some cycle paths on it not far from me, so thought i would try it out. something nice and easy to break me back into it, especially after all the food and stella of late. legs like jelly, totally knackered puddles that covered the B/B and nearly being phisically sick..........brilliant cant wait to get back out :D:D:D:D:D
only when you stare death in the face do you feel most alive

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I went out for this first time in couple of months yesterday, can't say I enjoyed it (very wet and I'm well unfit after Christmas) but I'm really glad I did as it's inspired me to get out again (maybe I did enjoy it in a masochistic sort of way).

Tried out my new pressies, had a bit of a shock, didn't realise how much my cleats had worn on my old boots, very nearly resulted in comedy clipless falls in the car park before we left :oops:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • capoz77
    capoz77 Posts: 503
    Ive been trying to get out over xmas, but heavy rain has put me off and did some heavy squats at the gym 2 days ago and can still barely walk :(
  • I think squats are just really bad! They screw ur legs, and especialy ur knees.
  • We did a nice 35 miler (me and wife) on Xmas Eve - pretty hilly in parts so it was knackering but fun.

Squats are fine if done correctly. They are very often done wrongly though.
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    phoned my mate up and went cycling for a few hours
    it was great cos i was banned from cycling by my mum for a while for falling off and scarring my arm in a large way
  • woke up with 1 hellava sore ass this morning, :shock:

too much weight and hardtail.............honest
    only when you stare death in the face do you feel most alive
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    hastings wrote:
    I was banned from cycling by my mum

:D

That's got to be the best excuse I've heard in a long while! Love it, I'm going to use that...!!!

(BTW I'm laughing with you, not at you...!!)
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Man its amazing just how your skills/fitness can decilne even with just a couple of months out of the saddle - I have started to go to the gym on lunch breaks as I was struggling with 15-20 mile rides....

Gotta cut out the fags and bad diet the new year!
  • I'm even worse....went out for a walk round the shortest route rouns Gisburn forset and now i can't walk ! me legs are killing me, god help me when i actually get to ride round there lol :oops: