Shleck Brothers

Brian B
Brian B Posts: 2,071
edited January 2008 in Pro race
Alls quiet on Frank and Andy Shleck. Anybody know what races these brothers are tackling for 2008 as these two must be a worry to Contador if they go for the TDF.
Brian B.

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Both riding the TdF apparantly.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Alby should be more worried about Andy than Frank.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Timoid. wrote:

I agree - I was thinking that perhaps Frank surely would ride for his brother better than any other dosmestic if Andy proved to be going good.
    Brian B.
  • iainf72
    Timoid. wrote:

Agreed. Although does coming second in the Giro amount to a hill of beans in the Tour. We shall see.

Guimard reckons Andy is uber-talented.

Timoid is the one who's worried about Frank generally.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Timoid. wrote:

Thirded. Can't see Frank ever challenging in a three week tour. Was it the Tour de Suisse last year where he led early on and then cracked in one of the mountain stages? Not consistent enough.

Although I could see him winning LBL.
  • He has suddenly become very accident prone though Frank.

He came down an awful box of tricks (C)-David Duffield in the first week of the Tour and then in the finale of the Giro Di Lombardia.

When riders tend to get in this habit they sometimes can't get out.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Don't forget he also crashed in Amstel Gold, sat on the pavement for at least two minutes, got back up and finished 10th. Tough as nails, ol' Frank.
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:
    Don't forget he also crashed in Amstel Gold, sat on the pavement for at least two minutes, got back up and finished 10th. Tough as nails, ol' Frank.

Coz he's a bit on the portly side, that extra fat pads him a bit when he falls. :P

CSC could be really dominate the hilly classics if they got themselves together. With the 2 Schlecks, Kroon and that Russian guy they've got good depth. But with Cunego, Bettini and Valv having great sprints and people like Rebellin being wiley old foxes it's not that straight forward.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    If the 2 brothers stayed on the same team, and worked for each other, they could be pretty unstoppable. According to an article way back in ProCycling, Andy has very high VO2 max- (I think they said 80+?)
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Agreed. Although does coming second in the Giro amount to a hill of beans in the Tour. We shall see.

Guimard reckons Andy is uber-talented.

Timoid is the one who's worried about Frank generally.

Ha ha. Damn fine rider. Just need to keep him on the continent.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.