IPOD Touch

cosworth
cosworth Posts: 66
edited January 2008 in The Crudcatcher
i am thinking about getting a 16gb ipod touch, can you go on the whole of the internet on these? and does anyone have one who could tell me about good or bad reviews? and is there any other good similar products?

Comments

• Personally i think they're waaaaayyy expensive for what they are but thats apple for you, you're buying the experience not the actual functional side of the product.
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    touch screen tv monitors are pretty cool
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i got one for xmas and it is the dogs, the internet on it is really good, just like normal and loads pretty quick. i dont think it plays some flash content but for the most part, i think it is the biz
  • I got a zune!

Search it if you dont know what it is...

... I cant stand iPods to be honest, i think they are over popular. Instead of saying MP3 payer, people call anything that can play music an iPod, its irritating... :wink:
  • But a Zune only plays MP3's, an iTouch does so much more!!!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    There are alternatives to a iTouch that are cheaper and in some ways better, such as the Archos range of players. However, nothing is gonna beat the interface on an iTouch, the navigation etc is just so cool.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • ben0.1
    ben0.1 Posts: 78
    As cool as thy are, thy dnt beat an ipod shuffle, its only £40 and its indestructable...Perfect 4 riding.
    Ben
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    edited January 2008
    which doesn't come close to beating creative.
    Going by Amazon -
    1GB iPod Shuffle = £45
    2GB Creative Zen Stone Plus = £30

twice the storage, even has an LCD screen, doesn't need bloody iTunes. Throw in a Silicon skin for even more shock protection (i ride bmx a lot) and its still more than a fiver cheaper than the iPod.
    Although not in stock currently, the creative 4GB is still a fiver cheaper than the shuffle. bit of a joke.
    apple = rip-off

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Zen-St ... B000RY1FXK
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    I have an iPhone and the iiPode it's fantastic. I have axxess to my emails, Internet, YouTube and so much more.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i have a shuffle and it is v handy (tis the typ with the clip on the back)

but there is nothing as good as the touch in my opinion, the interface is superb and 16gb is loads of space for me.