North East England

deaks101
deaks101 Posts: 26
edited March 2008 in Routes
Im looking for any good routes around the north-east of england, northumberland and the newcastle area.

Thanks
:D [/quote]

Comments

• hey, im not too far away then... the best places for me are:

carlton bank
    hamsterley forest
    stainburn
    chopwell woods
    guisborough woods
    dalby

all excellent places..dalby is probably the best but guisborough and hamsterley are excellent....hopw this helps
  • Deaks, the guys in our club know loads, PM me if you need anymore info and some people to ride with.

Dalby is nice but it seems to have been taken over by groups of students walking around the MTB trails......... MTB riders taking their Dogs for walks around the trails???? are you lot insane????) and most of it's length right now is very very rocky (teeth destruction type rocky)

I would not mind the £7.50 to park either if they spent this on the routes, fantastic ride but needs some rules adhered too by the dog walking/hiking groups and the trails repaired.

Now KIelder, much much better and the trails are in excellent condition.
    Want a club that knows the trails around Newcastle during the week and goes further every weekend of the month, rain hail sleet or shine?

www.newcastlemtb.org
    www.midaircrisis.co.uk
  • goosey wrote:

Nice site Goosey, will be checking that out myself
    Want a club that knows the trails around Newcastle during the week and goes further every weekend of the month, rain hail sleet or shine?

www.newcastlemtb.org
    www.midaircrisis.co.uk
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    Hop over to www.uk-mtb.com and look in the rides section. Loads of us from the North East on there and we be delighted for you to join us....
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • I have a vested interest, but check out MTB North East, we are fairly new (a few weeks old) but the membership is growing steadily and there is plenty of local knowledge about routes all across the north east.
  • cl1988
    cl1988 Posts: 19
    chopwell is a good ride lots of man made stuff. Wednessday night rides are great 6:30 in the dark