Heart rate Monitor - wrist or bike mounted?

fattyatkinson
fattyatkinson Posts: 40
Hi. I'm thinking of getting a heart rate monitor, but am not sure whether to go for a wrist or bike mounted model. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions??? thanks & merry christmas!

Comments

• There are plenty of wrist HRM's that come with bike mounts.
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    Depends on how you ride. I'd imagine that on the bars would be more convinient i.e. leave it on the bike and forget it, but I like a wrist one because I do most of my ridding in the aero bars and so can't see a hr monitor mounted on the bar/stem.
  • There's a funny stuff about on the roads in the Rhondda today.....I punctured twice within minutes and had to get a lift home from Porth. That was long after a record breaking climb of the rhigos ha ha. Nice day for pain though....
  • willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    Get a wrist mounted one if your not sure, as you can always use something like this to mount it on a bike, about £5 i've paid for bike mounts:

84.jpg

only bad thing about getting a wrist mount, is that some of them, well won't mount onto the stem, unless you put it on sideways :S

That way you can always use it on your wrist for other sports, or as a watch
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/
  • Positron
    Positron Posts: 191
    I've got a wrist watch model (Polar) which I sometimes put on the bike. I got this as I also use it running. Rather than a specfic bike mount all you need is something like the foam that goes round water pipes on your handlebars to make them the size of a small wrist.

Personally the main things I look at are just current HR and average.

p.
    Never order anti-pasta to arrive at the same time as pasta.