2008 Astana Kit

The_Special_One
The_Special_One Posts: 108
edited December 2007 in Pro race

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    They need a change of colour...that colour is Vinokourov 100% 2005 to 2007 and they need away from that image
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Yes, but turquoise blue and yellow are the Kazakhstan national colours, so it unless the sponsor changes it won't disappear.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ricadus wrote:
    Yes, but turquoise blue and yellow are the Kazakhstan national colours, so it unless the sponsor changes it won't disappear.

They've had a few designs rejected already - Stuff with a lot more black on it and what not.

Cycling went downhill as soon as they allowed shorts which aren't black.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Or made of wool. :D
  • iainf72 wrote:
    ricadus wrote:

They've had a few designs rejected already - Stuff with a lot more black on it and what not.

Cycling went downhill as soon as they allowed shorts which aren't black.

Weren't Reynolds in 1989 the first team to have shorts with a colour other than black? IIRC they had a funny blue-type for the front panel (but the arse was still black).
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Salsiccia wrote:
    Weren't Reynolds in 1989 the first team to have shorts with a colour other than black? IIRC they had a funny blue-type for the front panel (but the ars* was still black).

Yep, that's how I remember it.

I'm always filled with horror when I see yellow shorts.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    The design is really nice. I'm not too fond of the colours, though it has nothing to do with any association to any rider having worn them. Let's get rid of the yellow jersey, because it's been worn by dopers, by those standards. Aqua blue and canary yellow are just kinda... not my thing. At least, the darker bits will make them easier to discern from Milram in helicopter shots, a factor too often overlooked in jersey design.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    I still prefer this one

borat_kit1.jpg
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    I'd buy that.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Salsiccia wrote:
    Weren't Reynolds in 1989 the first team to have shorts with a colour other than black? IIRC they had a funny blue-type for the front panel (but the ars* was still black).

Yep, that's how I remember it.

I'm always filled with horror when I see yellow shorts.

I agree - I really dislike this trend of having the shorts, helmet, glasses etc. matching the jersey for the category leaders or national/world champions. It smacks of being vain, even if it is the team that instigates it not the rider.

Sorry, back on topic - I always quite liked the Astana kit :oops: and the new one is a nice development of it.
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • plain, simple and stands out unlike the majority of kits

http://www.velodromeshop.org.uk - Track Cycling Shop from Velodrome.org.uk - Casco, Bont Shoes, Dolan, Campag, Reflex Nutrition, Sugino and more
    http://www.sportstrainingsolutions.com - Cycling and Sports Therapy in Mallorca
  • From the rear - it reminds me of the old Systeme-U top
  • I notice the SRAM logo is missing. Surely the final design will have it sitting proudly next to the Bontrager one? Looks like they will be adding the Giro logo aswell.
  • I quite like that... This is the only other 2008 one I have seen thus far...

silence.jpg
    Silence/Lotto