15 days to go.....

windyphil
windyphil Posts: 106
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
to nice summer riding when I emigrate to Sydney, Australia.

In comparison to the question of how cold have you ridden in, how hot has it been at max when you've been out riding? :?:
If only the legs were as good as the bike....

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...so you've just come on here to rub it in... :? ...can I come?
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    I had a cracking "4 seasons ride" the other year- probably the hottest and coldest I've been.

Started in drizzle, turned to blazing heat as we started up the Tourmalet and then descending through freezing cloud into a torrential downpour.
  • 46 C (115 F) on a 180km slugfest from Glenelg to Barossa Valley and back in Sth Australia, January about 4 years ago.
  • windyphil wrote:

In comparison to the question of how cold have you ridden in, how hot has it been at max when you've been out riding? :?:
    Where in Sydney?

Don't feel too bad peeps - we've actually been having the most rain in years.
  • ChrisLS wrote:
    ...so you've just come on here to rub it in... :? ...can I come?

Sorry, I've only got visas for me, the missus, kids and dog. I've even got to pay for the best bike to go on the plane as my new employer has seen fit to book me on Qantas instead of BA..... :? .
  • windyphil wrote:

Where in Sydney?

Don't feel too bad peeps - we've actually been having the most rain in years.

Alex, I'll be south west (Camden) if all goes to plan - just having a few nightmares trying to get an exact response from my new employers at the moment - something to do with an office party over Friday........ :roll:
  • windyphil wrote:
    Alex, I'll be south west (Camden) if all goes to plan - just having a few nightmares trying to get an exact response from my new employers at the moment - something to do with an office party over Friday........ :roll:
    You'll probably get a fax of someone's backside then. :lol:

Some good riding out that way you'll be pleased to know, just stay away from the freeway (Hume Highway). Used to hold a race out that way years back - about 30km south of Camden - the Yanderra-Bargo-Buxton-Balmoral Village-Hilltop-Yerringbool-Yanderra loop. About 51km loop and very challenging in places - a bit of everything.

Anjoy the summer when you get here.
  • Yanderra-Bargo-Buxton-Balmoral Village-Hilltop-Yerringbool-Yanderra

To quote a Monty Python phrase "Your making it up as you go along"
    Every winner has scars.
  • HungryCol wrote:
    Yanderra-Bargo-Buxton-Balmoral Village-Hilltop-Yerringbool-Yanderra

No he's not..

Yes he is...

No he's not...

Sorry is this the 10 minute argument or the full half hour? :lol:

Alex, not sure whether I'd remotely keep up with you, but if you need a slow riding partner for your rehabilitation rides, let me know and I'll happily tag along to get some local area knowledge.
  • windyphil wrote:
    HungryCol wrote:
    Yanderra-Bargo-Buxton-Balmoral Village-Hilltop-Yerringbool-Yanderra

No he's not..

Yes he is...

No he's not...

Sorry is this the 10 minute argument or the full half hour? :lol:

Right, stop that! It's silly. Very silly indeed. Started off as a nice little subject thread, but now it's just got silly. Now let's see something decent and military. Some precision drilling..... :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • i should be there now or in the alps :cry: best laid plans and all that...

gats
  • I wonder if his eyesight's good enough to spot lake cataract........... :oops: :)
  • I actually think the seasons we enjoy here are fantastic. 2 weeks of riding in poor weather here, makes you appreciate riding those warm sunny days like no ther place ive ever lived in, far more so than when continually riding in baking heat. No fresh crisp autumn mornings or winter rides for you any more Phil. No more joyous first rides of spring, enjoying the warmth. The constant monotony of 80 degree heat is such a bore.

If you posted expecting most people to be envious, wishing you well and boosting your ego before you go then most people will. I however feel sorry for you, that your life here has been that bad that you have to move half way around the world to try and improve it.

Vast majority of people i have encountered that have emigrated have always had a cup that is half empty anyway, and continues to be that way, once they've left.
    So, hello poison snakes, poison spiders, great white sharks in the sea ( read all the attacks recently in the papers?) and in 10 years time when global warming has scorched the aussie soil dry and ex-pats are clammering to return, i hope the immigration door here has been finally slammed shut.

G'day Mate.
  • Actually no I don't want people to go well done, carry on etc.... please look at the original post.
    In contrast to another post on 'how cold have you ridden', I wanted to know how warm / hot have you ridden?

In case you didn't know, and didn't read what Alex Siommons has pointed out, Australia have had the wettest weather for ages and the area I'm going to has temperatures down to freezing in the winter. So I'm not going to miss 'crisp autmun mornings', maybe just miss the snow that generally goes with it.
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    46 C (115 F) on a 180km slugfest from Glenelg to Barossa Valley and back in Sth Australia, January about 4 years ago.

Wot no snails? :wink:
    I have pain!