Good morning on the 19th

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited December 2007 in The Crudcatcher
.. and how is everyone in Bikerdom today?

Last day of work until 2nd Jan - WHOOT!!!

:D

Comments

• Pubert
    Pubert Posts: 89
    g'mornin. finished school for christmas now :D had a nice lie in.
    DMR Sidekick ;)
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    booo i still have all this week and half day on christmas eve....sucks. still a weekend of biking ahead so happy days really
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Morning! Another frosty morning here. I was woken by someone at the door asking me to take in flowers next door :(
  • Hey there,

Thought I would stop lurking & join in...

Have taken this week off sick after getting 5 stitches to face coming off bike last weekend - deal with the public so would have scared them!!!

Back to work on Monday & also working Xmas day. Plan to get back on bike this weekend again tho - won't dare tell work colleagues that!!
  • Hey there,

Thought I would stop lurking & join in...

Have taken this week off sick after getting 5 stitches to face coming off bike last weekend - deal with the public so would have scared them!!!

Back to work on Monday & also working Xmas day. Plan to get back on bike this weekend again tho - won't dare tell work colleagues that!!

Best keep that one under your hat!

Sorry to hear bout stitches man - glad your getting back int saddle lad! :wink:
  • Try addressing me as the fairer female variety & you will be more accurate!!!!!!!!!

Still went down most of the trails with my injury and blood smeared face much to everyone's horror!!
  • Try addressing me as the fairer female variety & you will be more accurate!!!!!!!!!

Still went down most of the trails with my injury and blood smeared face much to everyone's horror!!

LMAO :lol:

Many apologies good lady! :wink:

I had 24 stitches to my right hand (both internal and external - severed tendon) after a spectacular crash a while back - and my hand was soo swollen couldn't ride for aggges!
  • Woah! That sounds pretty horrific.

Peoples reactions are quite funny when I am out & about - some won't make eye contact while others can't avoid staring!! Suppose it does look as though someone has belted me one!!

At least I don't seem to have crossed any lines by being a GIRL & posting on this section then!! :)
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    edited December 2007
    Woah! That sounds pretty horrific.

Peoples reactions are quite funny when I am out & about - some won't make eye contact while others can't avoid staring!! Suppose it does look as though someone has belted me one!!

At least I don't seem to have crossed any lines by being a GIRL & posting on this section then!! :)

Of course not - more than welcome!!!! :wink:

Yes it was a bad injury - was going at considerable speed down a bit of singletrack and lost control of the front end and ended up in some bushes as you do - what I didn't know that there was a bottle in there and as I stuck my hands out... et voila :cry:

I know what you mean about people avoiding looking at you with an injury - there are probably little old ladies going "oh that poor girl - she should leave him - what a b******d" :lol:

Little do they know that you're a biker eh? comes with the territory! :wink:
  • Pubert
    ouch that must have hurt. i remember going on a ride and coming back absolutly covered in mud, i was literally brown all over. got some really wierd looks that day :P some people just stared at me as i rode past.
    DMR Sidekick ;)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    edited December 2007
    Me too I finish in 3 hrs 36 minutes and a few seconds (not counting or anything) give or take.
    Can't wait, I'm sat at work in pain, pulled a muscle in my back last Sunday sitting still on a chair, I don't know how, just was OK when I sat down and in agony when I got up, hurts more than when I cracked my ribs going over the bars a couple on months ago :cry: .

Now 3hrs and 33 mins :D

32 mins :D:D:D
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • cannot wait to finish today - will be going out on the lash tonight no doubt - then typical 'last minute Adam' xmas shopping tomorrow with a hangover :lol:
  • stumpyjon
    3hrs 28 mins :D:D:D:D

• lucky git! I have to work until 8:00pm tonight - bummer

But granted I didn't start until 11:30.... :wink:
  • Used to falling off - have been involved with horses most of my life!

Worst bit was the local anaesthetic for the stitches - ooww!!
  • stumpyjon
    3 hrs 24 mins :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This could go on for sometime. Lost the will to live (well work).

Need to kill the next 3 hrs 23 mins somehow.

• Pubert
    hmmm pineapple pizza for lunch :D
    got to go stick it in the oven.
    DMR Sidekick ;)
  • stumpyjon
    Ham sandwhich and a half a box of quality street, I love Christmas.

3hrs 13 mins :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Pubert
    lol. i love quality street, celebrations are good too..
    DMR Sidekick ;)
  • Chicken and Ham bake with wedges and veg!!

Chocolate brownie for pud :D
  • Toasted bacon sarnie & hot cuppa!

Want some chocolates now someone mentioned it.......
  • stumpyjon
    Want some more chocolate, we've hit the bottom of the tin.

Broke the 3hr barrier, only 2hrs 56 mins to go.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, smiley overdose, getting a bit stir crazy now.

54 mins :D

• Pubert
    this pineapple pizza sure is good :) might open a tin of celebrations for pud :D
    DMR Sidekick ;)
  • I ate a whole tin of quality streets the other night - made myself as sick as a parrot (not a large tin mind) but still too much choccies :wink:
  • Pubert
    Oh dear :shock: i might end up doing that a few times over christmas, can't resist the choccies :D
    DMR Sidekick ;)
  • stumpyjon
    Wish you hadn't mentioned the s**k word, it's starting to bubble up :oops: , better have another choccy to settle my stomach.

2hrs 38mins :D

• easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    I had two pints of Peroni lager for my lunch and am now quite mellow in mood for the rest of my afternoon at work... but to be fair my job can be okay at times.

Desperate to get the custom build finished so me and GT Destroyer can get out again... its been like 5 weeks since we last went!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Oh yeah!.. GT Destroyer's table of superheroes needs some attention guys - I have posted a few (3 in total I think) more that I think need to be on the list, the first one in particular. GT is sick today and at home feeling sorry for himself but still go check it out...
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    moving to inverness tomorrow!!! so busy as at the moment with last minute packing
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Hello all. Cheesey thats lightweight last minute shopping i'm going Saturday afternoon or Sunday depends when I ride this weekend!
  • stumpyjon
    edited December 2007
    Time to go home hehehehehehehehehehehehehe :D:D:D:D:D:D

Christmas starts here :D:D:D:D:D