Pressie ideas

heavymental
heavymental Posts: 2,076
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
Anyone got any decent ideas for crimbletide pressies? Not necessarily cycling related, just a decent present that you're pleased you thought of and can't wait to see the recipient unwrap.

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...the collection of sparkly things I have bought Mrs LS...nothing particlaly precious, but she doe like things that sparkle...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    is subscription to C+ too boring? I was thinking of that for Mr P. He just bought a Scott CR1 SL CD Saunier Duval 2007 Road Bike so that's one whopping big present already. I was also thinking of wooly booly socks - the only things that keep my feet warm in this cold.

For me, I was hoping for Garmin Edge 705, whose release has been delayed from December to sometime early next year. Clarins lotions and potions are always nice, as is nice underwear. Something sparkly would be absolutely wonderful. I'm not that bothered really though - having porridge in bed would be a treat enough for me.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Mrs McBain's surprise diamond and sapphire necklace to thank her for presenting me with my son - Mini MicBain!!

me skint now

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    I've got Mrs shazzz tickets to see Neil Young. I know a piece of paper isn;t that exciting, but she's a massive fan and doesn't know he's touring the UK. And it has got to be better than what I bought her last year......
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    shazzz wrote:
    I've got Mrs shazzz tickets to see Neil Young. I know a piece of paper isn;t that exciting, but she's a massive fan and doesn't know he's touring the UK. And it has got to be better than what I bought her last year......

OK, no-one else has bitten so i might as well. :roll:

What did you buy her last year?
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • McBain_v1 wrote:
    Mrs McBain's surprise diamond and sapphire necklace to thank her for presenting me with my son - Mini MicBain!!

me skint now

Mee too for my now 8 week old :D ! Not a neclace but a D&S eternity ring. But don't rock up to her on Chrissy morning with nowt!
    Every winner has scars.
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    We've got one of those digital photo frames for the grandparents with a load of digital photos of the little termites. Apparently they would prefer photos of the children rather than me on my nice shiny bike? No accounting for taste.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    I think you should stick some pictures of you and your bike in there as well, and if you can alter the display time for certain photos, you could do subliminal 'Girls in lycra shorts' pictures as well :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I was thinking of getting the OH a digital photo frame, but I'd reached my buget already!!

I'm not terribly romantic, so I've got her a pair of trackie bottoms (to stop her knicking mine, they're my favourite thing to put on afte work!), the Palin New Europe Book, a winter sports game for the Wii (she loves skiing), a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=41 (cos she loves hot food), and some earrings.

She would usually get a bit more than that but I spent loads on her for her b'day recently.

She told me last night that she was trying to get me tickets to some football matches, but has struggled to get the matches she wanted. Which I'm kind of glad about I like presents that last, I was hoping for a new Garmin Forerunner!!!