Winter is

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited December 2007 in Pro race
always quiet on c+ ...no races, not much current scandal...let's start some more threads

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dave_1 wrote:
    always quiet on c+ ...no races, not much current scandal...let's start some more threads

Ummm. I'm too busy waiting for the Lemond edited version of ProCycling to turn up at WH Smiths!

:D
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Ummm. I'm too busy waiting for the Lemond edited version of ProCycling to turn up at WH Smiths!

No, really? I didn't know he was guest editing it. I liked the one in 1996 where Robert Millar guest edits his own retirement issue tribute Pro Cycling...was a very good way of doing the magazine...allowing a top rider in to give their expert views...IMO pros should be invited to more often by cycling mag owners...and it puts the rider under the spotlight too
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I thought that might excite you Dave_1

Check out the ProCycling Office for some comments!
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Dropped through my door this morning, looks very good from the quick flick I had through it. Going to have to join the pile of reading material on my desk though.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    winter is.......

Dark, depressing, cold and generally sh!te !!!! Never mind, only 4 days 'till thay start getting longer.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    winter is... really not that bad for you Brits.

We just got 40cm (that's 16 inches) of snow over two days, it's -20 Celsius and snowing again. Riding to work takes a double dose of determination in the morning.
  • drenkrom wrote:
    Riding to work takes a double dose of determination in the morning.

You mean you are still riding to work in those conditions? :shock:

Call me a bit of a softie but that does seem a tad cold. Wrapping up warm then?
    =====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    drenkrom wrote:
    winter is... really not that bad for you Brits.

We just got 40cm (that's 16 inches) of snow over two days, it's -20 Celsius and snowing again. Riding to work takes a double dose of determination in the morning.

Christmassy though innit :wink:
  • drenkrom
    Oh, it's plenty Christmassy through a window with a mug of hot tea in your hands. In the traffic on the CX bike, it's quite another story. It's a rather particular type of self-punishment. All my messenger buddies are still working, so things could be worse. Hell, some guys are still riding their fixies in this stuff!

I guess it's the reason Canadian road cycling stars have been rather scarce since Steve Bauer. I guess it's also the reason we make killer MTBers, though. Riding in fresh snow gets you to your target heart-rate in no time. When you get the winter blues, just remember that, unless you live in Antarctica, it could always be worse.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Indeed.

CYX-MSC006.jpg
  • drenkrom
    hehe

thank you for providing my new wallpaper. :lol:
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    My bike looks like that if I go out training with a head cold....
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'