17th December Thread

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited December 2007 in The Crudcatcher
COLD?

Today it is bloody freezing.

How are we all in bike land?

Comments

• Not too bad matey - like yourself very cold here in ol' London!!!!

Winding down the last week at work (my mind is already on holiday!)

Just speccing the final components for xmas build... :D

I would love to get paid to sit and shop for the best bike deals all day... :lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    COLD?

Today it is bloody freezing.

How are we all in bike land?

You are not alone in the cold. Here across the big pond in Toledo, Ohio we are having
    a lovely mix of snow, ice, rain, freezing rain, wind, and cold. Just makes you want to get out and ride(not).

Dennis Noward
  • Pretty cold for you then Dennis! Whats the degree reading like for you? We are on about 0 to -1 and we start moaning, I have a small feeling you might get a fair bit lower than that!

Bought my Pikes today for my build.

Cheesey wrote:
    I would love to get paid to sit and shop for the best bike deals all day...

Thats exactly what I'm doing for the whole week!
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    i am getting incredably excited as saterday is first time in 3 week ride day. and i have some new (to me anyway) fox forks. so im going to ride till my legs fall off! then some more.
    it is very cold too. still only 4 days!!!
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Hello guys. Cold very COLD got man flu aswell so no riding over the weekend!! Any quick fix remedies?
  • Sweat it out batch, all you can do. Wrap up in some silver foil, turn the heating up, drink brandy and sweat!

• clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Hadn't been on the bike for a week due to work and other commitments till this morning. I'd convinced myself that it was fffffreezing and got dressed for bear- balaclavas, base layers/fleeces, lining gloves you name it then sweated like a bastard all the way to work!
    Will be wearing less on the way home lol
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Sweat sweat sweat - I agree. To help things along, you could have a tin of Stagg Chilli, Dynamite flavour! Now let me tell you, if your cold doesn't fly out of your ars* on fire after that nothing will shift it!
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • clas
    clas Posts: 187
    Man flu!
    one of my colleagues said I had man flu abou four years ago.
    I went into hospital for a month and was off work for four!
    BAAAD stuff man flu!
    I never touched it! It was broke when I got here.
  • batch78
    Righto coats gone on heatings turned up will have to hold off the brandy and chilli till i finish work though!
  • batch78
    Hopefully not as bad a bout as yours clas!!!
  • supersonic wrote:
    Ive got the sh1ts.

I was LoLling all over the place when I read that! Very funny :lol::lol::lol:

I hope its not too bad Sonic.

I've a massive spot, which probably has its own weather system by now, its nearly blocked up one of my nostrils!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Dunno what Ive eaten!

You need to get a pin out and perform some surgery on it hehe
  • Not a prayer of that happening. I normally would but this is in such a place, it makes my eyes water up even if I move my nose about, its very bad.
  • supersonic
    I got one in my ear once!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Pretty cold for you then Dennis! Whats the degree reading like for you? We are on about 0 to -1 and we start moaning, I have a small feeling you might get a fair bit lower than that!

no, about the same 0c

dennis noward
  • supersonic wrote:
    I got one in my ear once!

:lol: how painful are those feckers!?!?

and just right behind your nostril! :shock:
  • supersonic
    At 29 I thought I'd seen the end of them. But oh no.

Think I might go for a game of snooker this evening. Watching Ronnie has rekindled the snooker spirit! Will dust the bat down and have a bash.
  • grommet
    grommet Posts: 636
    man, I havnt even opend my calender yet, time to wake up I suppose....