edinburgh

petestew
petestew Posts: 17
edited December 2007 in Routes
i live between edinburgh and glasgow, and all the cycle routes are just pathes, does anyone no anywere that has more offroad courses, ive heard glentress is good, but is theyre anywere else?

Comments

• schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/ may be of intrest to you. I've had an excellent time at ae, mabie, glentress, innerleithen anyway.
  • Well Glen tress is good but at the Weekend seams to be full of folk who dont value there own life . pushing your bike back up the trails is so stupid and very dangerous .Putting the folk who are using the trails in the correct direction at risk .

SO DONT PUSH BACK UP THE TRAIL .
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    Well Glen tress is good but at the Weekend seams to be full of folk who dont value there own life . pushing your bike back up the trails is so stupid and very dangerous .Putting the folk who are using the trails in the correct direction at risk .

I'm there almost every weekend, sometimes twice a weekend and have never had any problem with this. Have almost run into someone as I came out of a bombhole and they had stopped to look at what gear they were in right in the middle of the track but never found anyone pushing dangerously back up the track.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Steve_F wrote:
    Well Glen tress is good but at the Weekend seams to be full of folk who dont value there own life . pushing your bike back up the trails is so stupid and very dangerous .Putting the folk who are using the trails in the correct direction at risk .

I'm there almost every weekend, sometimes twice a weekend and have never had any problem with this. Have almost run into someone as I came out of a bombhole and they had stopped to look at what gear they were in right in the middle of the track but never found anyone pushing dangerously back up the track.

I have seen it happen quite a lot at the freeride area, before the ladder drops.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    People that do that are stupid, there are paths up the sides of the trails (at the fr bit).
  • WTF
    WTF Posts: 52
    I live between both Glasgow and Edinburgh also.
    Have you tried Carron Valley ? not very exciting but a good introduction to what is on offer at 7 stanes.
    For me Glentress black ,and red sometimes, have pretty much got it right but my favourite of all is Innerliethen which is a good mix of everything and not so busy as GT.
    The others are maybe a bit of a travel depening whereabouts you are exactly but worth the trip none the less..