trails in/around liverpool area?

johnny watterson
johnny watterson Posts: 367
edited December 2007 in MTB rides
I've come to uni in liverpool from the isle of man and the main thing i've missed is my bike. Are there any downhill/ xc trails within easy travelling distance from liverpool? preferably without a car.

thanks for any help
john
my 24 7 bsx ht (now with pikes)http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=view&image=257151

now also the proud owner of an orange patriot

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/879054/

Comments

• not that ive found so far m8
    i live in huyton an me an a m8 have the odd little ride into croxteth park but it aint exactly big is it!
    weve done the marin trail which takes less than 90 mins to get to an goin to landegla soon after xmas! which i reckon wil take us less than a hr easily to get to
    u could poss get the train to wrexham for that 1, not sure how far the train station is from there though
    the only thing in liverpool i can think of is road ridin as u can see sum nice places but thats about itlol
  • Ahhh Huyton ,The hubby comes from there and he says its all a bit pants round there for riding, he says Delamere is good to go to... bet its easy on the train from Liverpool
  • delamere, personally im not goin again unless they get sum singletrack etc etc in
    its all fireroads which i cant stand tbh!
    nice for a leisurly ride though but i always got bored lol
    think to get to d,mere by train ud have to go to chester 1st then another 1 to delamere(there is a train station there!!) but ive heard loadsa good things about landegla so thats for me next, cant wait to test me new bionicon edison ltd there :-)
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    North Wales is the answer - got access to a car/? Some excellent trials within 90mins.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • delamere, personally im not goin again unless they get sum singletrack etc etc in
    its all fireroads which i cant stand tbh!
    nice for a leisurly ride though but i always got bored lol

I ride a loop around Delamere, around 2-3 hrs which is 70-80% singletrack. there's plenty there, you just have to find it. Also, there's the downhill/skills area just north of fox howl.