Loads of motorbike

miffed
miffed Posts: 469
edited December 2007 in Commuting chat
Today there were at least 5 bikes on my commute. Normally there are non. Was this just fluke or has there been an increase recently that ive not seen.

Also one cut up a cycle lane! not a bus lane, which i dont mind but a single width red painted in the gutter cycle lane. Sprinted after him to give him what for but found that draughting bikes is great so instead sat behind him for 1km, got up to quite a speed.

J
Puke washes out, Glory lasts forever

Comments

• There's a lady who lives round the corner from me who I've often seen on a scooter. This morning I was a little bit later than usual, and saw her pulling out in front. I was matching her speed (actually caught up a bit) and then she turned off...... down a cycle path. And not just any cycle path, but the Clyde Tunnel cycle/pedestrian tunnel. I'm sure that's not allowed....
    mrBen

"Carpe Aptenodytes"
    JediMoose.org
  • miffed
    miffed Posts: 469
    i dont think so either but that tunnel is dodgy as hell so the more people use it the better
    Puke washes out, Glory lasts forever
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    misterben wrote:
    There's a lady who lives round the corner from me who I've often seen on a scooter. This morning I was a little bit later than usual, and saw her pulling out in front. I was matching her speed (actually caught up a bit) and then she turned off...... down a cycle path. And not just any cycle path, but the Clyde Tunnel cycle/pedestrian tunnel. I'm sure that's not allowed....
    You could report it to the Tunnel Master at the control centre off of Dumbarton Road (don't know the address) or to Land Services on 0141 287 9000. There was a campaign to have CCTV installed, but I don't know if it was successful.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • As its very windy down by the coast I have been using my motorbike to commute the last couple of days. Perhaps other bicycle commuters are thinking the same way?

Don't think I'd use a cycle lane out of choice myself. Probably littered with glass. Motorbike tyres are expensive you know! :)

Tiny_Pens