Feedback for stores?

canada16
canada16 Posts: 2,360
Would it not be helpfull if bike radar set-up a section to give feedback on stores we have bought bikes from and let the people know what we actually felt about service ect..

This would be really good for newbies and people new to the country who just dont know who is good and who is not.

This could include wicked customer service to really poor service.

What do you think?

Comments

• Great idea

I am struggling to get good service having moved out to the Frankfurt area in Germany 2 years ago. I have found a great shop if they have it in but when you order something you might get it eventually! Comparison with the UK is just apples and oranges, Cycle store in the UK sent a trainer in less than a week where as after 2 months of waiting I gave up on HiBike on delivering a Hope HID light. I found out that Hope will replace it with a 4 LED model in Jan but HiBike are still oblivious.

I am now looking for a web store in the UK that can deliver to Germany with good prices and have two posibilities but would like to know their perfomance. Wiggle and Chain Reaction.

Thnaks for any help
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    try the search function, there are many user comments on the stores.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • canada16
    Hey

Im buying a Focus Superbud from Wiggle and they have been great, they have kept me up to date, quick e-mail response times and from what I can gather from other users in the UK they have had great delivery and service from them.

Chain reaction, i have never bought anything from them, but they got some good deals.

Just email the companies and see what they say, and what out for the dreded duty and tax if it applies to german imports.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    This thought had crossed my mind as a result of Halfrauds getting another bashing over the last couple of days which coincided with very good customer service from my LBS.

Nick, your point's a fair one if you know which store you are thinking of buying from, however it would be really useful if we could have some sort of list of stores by region (including tinternet) so you can look for local stores and get forum members feedback at the same time.

Not sure how feasible this is technically (or what the legal implications might be) but it would be dead useful.

Food for thought :D
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Jon you mention one issue that could concern the owners.

i always used to say that if the advertised on the homepage (mbuk time) then they could be regarded as OK but now?

i feel that it is still best to ask (after a search) on the fora as situations do change.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Yeah

I suppose that's fair, stores can all go through a bad patch and might genuinely turn around their service levels afterwards and people do tend complain when things are bad and don't always speak up when they're good.

Other thought I had was it could be positive comments only? I suppose this could be open to abuse or go out of date as well.

Is there a directory of stores anywhere on the site (I had a quick look but couldn't find one) if not maybe that could be something to think about, thinking of a yellow pages listing type of thing. I know that you can search the wider web for this sort of thing but it's nice to have it all in one place. Could be a new revenue stream :D .

I'm probably trying to teach my granny to suck eggs but that's my two penneth for now.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • canada16
    Hi

I would not recomend bashing company's as this could possible cause lawsuits ect, as you the bike radar team has set up this specific site for feedback.

What i would recomend is just people name the store they had the service at and what happended (truthfully), so that way it is fact insted of bashing and complaining.

I think this would be a great idea, and a lot of bike company's would go along with this as most offer great service.

You would not go to a car shop and expect to pay thousands for a car and they guy to treat you like garbage, and this is what some people pay on bike, and i think it only fair to praise the company's,,, or not.

Thanks guys for considering my plan.

CANADA16