So what has everyone got planned for this weekend??

markyboy2005
markyboy2005 Posts: 465
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
I'll be hungover tomorrow (got friends in town), buying some christmas decorations and putting the tree up. :cry:

Sunday - morning bike ride, then chill out with the kids and a bit of swimming.... :D

So what has everyone else got planned?

Comments

• I'm racing at Hillingdon despite having a cold.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...going with my son Tommy to Billy's in Cambridge, which is a street, jump type bike shop. It's his birthday soon and he wants some new trick bits for his bike.
    On Sunday taking my old Dad,87,out to do his Christmas shopping...oh and Sunday morning bike ride...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I've got to do a report on my industrial placement for uni, need to write all about high pressure -temperature experiments on geology, but I'm a materials scientist.......going to be hard going.

Take my bike back to decathlon again, as one of the pedals they put in, is shearing out of the crank....again (2nd time in five weeks)

Play with my new turbo trainer

Watch the SA v Barbarians match

Watch a few premier league matches

Do some video gaming

(In list of priority)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I've got to do a report on my industrial placement for uni, need to write all about high pressure -temperature experiments on geology, but I'm a materials scientist.......going to be hard going.

Take my bike back to decathlon again, as one of the pedals they put in, is shearing out of the crank....again (2nd time in five weeks)

Play with my new turbo trainer

Watch the SA v Barbarians match

Watch a few premier league matches

Do some video gaming

(In list of priority)

Hi Red Dragon, I get the feeling that your List of reality may be different that your list of priority as the weekend develops..... :wink:

PS - I have just been told we are going to a Christmas Market on Sunday afternoon at the kids school.......mulled wine in 35Deg heat just don't seem right! :?
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Turbo tomorrow, then 4-5 hours around Morecambe Bay on Sunday. Might fit some wallpapering in there somewhere too.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I have a busy weekend. Early to bed tonight so that I can watch the first day of the first test match in Sri Lanka tomorrow. I then have a delivery of computer parts, which will be followed by a few hours of building my new pc and playing round with it (please let it work!). Hopefully out Saturday night, then off for my uncle's birthday lunch on Sunday, food shopping, then a movie in the evening. Thank god I don't have a wife/girlfriend/kids!
  • Shavedlegs wrote:
    I'm racing at Hillingdon despite having a cold.

What's happening in Hillingdon? I live in Ruislip and may bring the kids to watch if it's anything interesting.

Other plans for the weekend include:
    firms xmas do tonight :) ,
    hang over in the morning :? ,
    kids football in the morning :? ,
    Baa Baa's v Springboks tomorrow afternoon, got tickets :lol::lol: ,
    Football club xmas do tomorrow night :lol::lol:
    Sunday morning even worse hangover than Saturday morning :shock:
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • Shooting the Wolves v Preston match tomorrow for Reuters, then taking it easy on sunday, may well finish building the new bike if my parts arrive.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    With the heavy rain forecast, particularly on Sunday, I am really looking forward to 4hrs+ of XC racing at Thetford!!! :(
    Still breathing.....
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Off on my annual pilgrimage to the Killarney Historic Stages Rally on Sunday morning. Try to pick up some engine installation details so we can finally finish our car for next year and go back competing rather than spectating.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Saturday:
    Taking my daugther to Tae-Kwan-Do, followed by a trip to Ascot to collect my new car...... :D:D:D
    Then off to Windsor to see the Christmas parade.

Sunday:
    3 hour(ish) club run with a cake stop at Jenners in Maidenhead....yummy.
    Swimming with the wife and kids.
    Beer.
    Sleep.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Looking forward to Tigers vs. Sale tonight

...then who knows. Just going to go with the flow this weekend and relax. I have two main jobs though for Sunday. One of which is getting my fixie up and running - though that has been my aim on many a weekend over the last two or three months - it has taken a tad longer than expected. :roll:

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I've hurt my knee, (perhaps by riding singlespeed so much recently?) so I'm resting up. Looking forward to Chelsea v West Ham. Got a 20% voucher for selfridges as well so might do some xmas shopping.
  • Panicking. My accountant buggered off to South America (permanently) and didn't do my company accounts / tax return / corp tax. So I've got to do it all this weekend.

Fun :(
  • given the cr@p forecast I'll be crosstraining - WINDSURFING !!
    If only the legs were as good as the bike....
  • IGot a 20% voucher for selfridges as well so might do some xmas shopping.

Are you mad :shock: I went through Oxford St two weekends ago and there was absolute chaos out there. Was like they'd all come out of the tube and decided it was so pleasant to be a sardine it made sense to continue outside.

... mind you, I've got to go into Covent Garden
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    A club run on Saturday (about 60 miles including getting there and back) and maybe a solo ride of similar length on Sunday. After spending the past month drinking and not doing a lot on the bike, it will be nice to start training again. The weather doesn't look good but it rarely does in this country.

Off the bike, probably writing and the usual weekend chores.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Taking it easy during the day tomorrow and was supposed to go out celebrating a new job Saturday night but due to big egg chasing game around here might postpone.

Sunday club run followed by club dinner and presentation which, if anything like last year will be messy :shock:
  • satuday: 200km base miles

sunday: interval training (7 x 20mins with 10 mins rest in between)
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Saturday morning road run. Sunday mountain biking.
    I have pain!
  • Xmas shopping with her 'er indoors then watch a bit of football cos I cant play through injury. Then 1.30 - 2 hrs on turbo. Sunday probably turbo again for few hours getting the legs going and trying to sort my injury out and then chill out all day...or more Xmas shopping!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    edited November 2007
    Tomorrow morning going out mountain biking with a mate, back for lunch, then going into London to see friends for wine/food//cheese/wine etc etc
    Staying over, and then as we're in London going to Decathlon to spend some money.
    Back for lunch, then off to play 3 hours of Badminton, then back home for dinner/wine with Top Gear and Long way down.

How depressing, that takes me all the way to Monday :(

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I`ll be working both days, ah the joys of shiftwork...........
    Up at 3 am tomorrow, i hate the hours in my job
    And on the 7th day...............
    God created...........
    THE BIKE
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    IGot a 20% voucher for selfridges as well so might do some xmas shopping.

Are you mad :shock: I went through Oxford St two weekends ago and there was absolute chaos out there. Was like they'd all come out of the tube and decided it was so pleasant to be a sardine it made sense to continue outside.

... mind you, I've got to go into Covent Garden

Probaby, but 20% is 20% and I fancy a new suit! Good time to get the girlfriend her xmas pressie as well. Luckily I live within walking distance, so no tube hell for me!
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Ice skating at Somerset House on Sat evening - it’s a fab location, possibly one of the best of the temporary winter rinks. 8)

And a long session on the rollers on Sunday if the weather forecast is to be believed sometime after the domestic engineering! :roll:
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Band rehearsal all day Saturday, mowe the lawn early Sunday for the last time this season. Mowing in December, how does that work?
    Torque and tweak my Ellsworth Sunday afternoon, cook dinner then a sci-fi flik with my lovely wife then to bed.
    'Had to ask, dint ya?

:roll:
  • saturday -clean bike and try to work out why I can shift my lever through all the gears without the rear mech tking the blindest bit of notice. Send some ebay stuff then into Cmbrdige to meet the girl for a coffee and pop to the bike shop to see if there's anything I can buy. Evening go up the road with my folks to watch the tuning on of the lights.

Sunday - out for an early ride mileage dependant on weather. Then its CAKE DAY! so off to get coffee and cake as a reward then in the evening we're taking my folks out for a swanky meal.

Gats
  • satuday: 200km base miles

sunday: interval training (7 x 20mins with 10 mins rest in between)

Wow, It sounds like fun in your house!.... :wink: 7 x 20's ...? what will you be doing in Feb/march then???
  • Ooops just bought a new bike :oops:

Gats
  • Stay Away From Oxford Street......it's hell!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!