what do you buy that inst cycling related?

TheGreatGatsby
TheGreatGatsby Posts: 818
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
Inspired by the other thread and because its coming up to christmas I have just realised that my whole chirstmas list is made up of cycling goods in one way or another!

Are any of you lot strictly cycling or are you seduced by the current gadgets of the time?

I have just found out the Sony have released a new PSP slim and lite and quite fancy one! And then theres the itouch, iphone, nintendo ds... sacrifice an Assos gilet for a psp? what would you do?

Gats

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I buy games consoles (I have all of the current generation) and games for them.

Also have a terrible HD DVD / Blu Ray / DVD habit.

On the PSP tip, I'm not sure I'd buy one. It's the most unloved of all my consoles by far. The DS may not have the blinging graphics and all but the games are just a lot lot better.

Then again the PSP does have a cycling game so....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...books...loads of books...and CDs...and clothes...I'm very vain...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    I buy food, clothing, gas, electricity, TV licence, council services via my council tax etc
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666 wrote:
    I buy food, clothing, gas, electricity, TV licence, council services via my council tax etc

Laugh a minute at the Spen residence!! :roll:

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Another gamer here I have a PS3, 360, a Wii and a PC. Spend far too much on video games and don't get to play them as much as I'd like... like cycling it can be a time consuming hobby!
    Currently playing Crysis and Assassins Creed, both are great.

Also spend too much on wine, clothes and books. But hey no kids to worry about yet so I reckon I might as well make the most of my disposable income while I can!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Agin, CDs, books and DVDs. Is it possible to go to Amazon and just buy one thing? I must admit, I struggle...
  • Apart from all my bills, I am into replica rugby tops at the moment and am lining up Stade Francais as my next purchase.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    The other week at work I bought Mrs Bapguss a hand made Iron stone plate. It won me loads of Brownie points :wink: So now I do not have to sneak bits into the garage .
    My big passion is my Bose HCS . Its as good as going to the pictures . :D
    bagpuss
  • Wine. won't say how much I've got but its enough for a decent party :D

Don't buy much designer clothes.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Photo gear . . . . . so I can photograph cycling (& other sport)
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I play a lot on the old original play station - can you get a wireless controller for it?

I wouldn't mind some woolly socks and a new frying pan I have to admit :oops:
  • Jamie07 wrote:
    Wine. won't say how much I've got but its enough for a decent party :D

Respect is due !

Christmas is coming, the perfect excuse to buy lots of wine, beer, cider and liqures!

That`s what i`ll be doing !
    And on the 7th day...............
    God created...........
    THE BIKE
  • BMCCbry
    BMCCbry Posts: 153
    Magazines (stupid time-wasting ones like Heat and New Woman!), clothes, make-up, jewellery, handbags, shoes, more shoes, iTunes, books, Diet Coke, Green & Blacks (the darker shade of milk in a blue wrapper), house items like lamps/cushions/photo frames...there is no end to it. :?

And these things pale into insignificance when compared with cycling purchases. :roll:
  • andy_winch wrote:
    Jamie07 wrote:
    Wine. won't say how much I've got but its enough for a decent party :D

Respect is due !

Christmas is coming, the perfect excuse to buy lots of wine, beer, cider and liqures!

That`s what i`ll be doing !

Oh yes, for Xmas day I've a few good bottles tucked away, get slowly toasted all day.

Then crack open the Port and Single Malts later.
  • lovely ipod, new panasonic lumix camera and a digital photo frame.

the two eldest kids are getting a nintendo ds each.

poor bikes are missing out, but at least they'll still get out.
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • orv
    orv Posts: 92
    champagne, chocolates, books, gadgets.
  • Mapman
    Mapman Posts: 254
    SAUSAGES
  • DVD's every time. ebay is my new mecca, can't get enough of it. I had about 300 until the floods a few years ago. That wiped them all out but have re-stocked to about a hundred now. Mainly consists of tv show boxsets, 24, CSI etc.

Also football (season ticket to Newcastle- no comment required!). I must confess that this is becoming less and less of a must do thing for me, whole other debate.
  • An iMac with Bootcamp so I can still boot up XP and get rid of my old Gates machine.
  • Ngalbrai
    Ngalbrai Posts: 279
    Diving gear (drysuit latest toy, hmmm, warm) and dive trips, new laptop, clothes (work stuff, new job, new dress code... dull...) dvds.

I always buy me the best presents!